Monday, November 8, 2010

Capture them. today.

You cannot imagine how God has blessed our family during our current time of trial, in SO many tangible and intangible ways.  I have been vague about what has happened, out of respect to my family, but I will be sharing more over the next week or so;
For one reason, and one reason alone:
To give God the Glory He is due.

All this to say, one of the ways that God has blessed my family during this time, believe it or not, has been through winning two huge things. I know that sounds crazy. But it is true.

Since the rug got pulled out from under us, and money has been tight (too tight to give Christmas gifts or buy a much-needed camera), I have actually won an iPad and a complete family photo-session with all photos included. The iPad made my hubby really happy, but , I... I was thrilled about the photo session. It is actually what I wanted for my anniversary gift from Matt before this all went down.  But instead, we got it as a gift from God. No price-tag attached.

Any mother knows that nothing replaces the gift of a captured memory. Nothing. Time with these little ones is far too fleeting.

So, today, I am writing to brag on Amy of Allenaim Photography, the sweetest, most amazing, talented photographer. She did not ask me to blog about her, or go on and on about her! But I can't help it. I just think that her work is amazing and I hope her business grows. 'Cause, she rocks.
But I don't have to tell you about. You can see it for yourself.

seriously. amazing.

























One of my favorite things about our photo session was that it was actually an amazing family memory. We had SO. MUCH. FUN!

Thank you, Amy! May you and your family be richly blessed.
And thanks be to God for Your Provision. You are the Only Thing Worth Walking Toward! And You are just. so. cool.

And if you need to catch up on taking some treasured family photos, click here to hop over and visit Amy's Allenaim blog or here to visit her website, and bask in her talent.
Capture those fleeting moments.

8 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Angela said...

OHHHH Darlene!!! God is sooo GOOD!!! I love seeing how He has just LOVED on you and your sweet family!!! The pictures that your friend Amy took are just breathtaking!!! I am sooo incredibly happy for you! I LOVE hearing how He is providing for your family!

Stacy@hiswaynotmine said...

God is good always and He indeed is our rock. A mighty fortress, always faithful and the giver of good gifts. Yes, to Him be the glory alone. You are doing just that.

Your pictures are amazing and it looks like you had so much fun. The smiles run deep.

Thanks for sharing them with us. I will be praying for you on the road that God has allowed, and walked with you step by step.

Much love in Christ,
Stacy

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

God IS good ALL the time....and it always BLESSES my heart to see God BLESS people in tangible ways.

Isn't it great that God gives us the desires of our heart....right down to an ipad....and a photo session?

What great little reminders...that he's there...and he cares!

Love ya friend.

ARK said...

Thank you so much Darlene!! You are the sweetest! ...and it was a JOY to photograph your fam :)

Flamingo said...

absolutely awesome!!!! looking at her site now. it's been 7 years. 7 YEARS since we had a family picture. sigh. i need to look into something soon.

RachelT said...

What great photos of your sweet family! I really love the striped ties on the boys, how cute! It looks like you had a really fun time. You are so blessed!

Sherrie said...

Wow those photos are amazing. I love them. What wonderful memories to cherish forever.

Tabitha Blue said...

I found you through Amy... and I have to say, you have one gorgeous family!!! Wonderful shots, and I just love the wonderful heart that shows through on your blog :)

~Tabitha

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.