Thursday, October 28, 2010

Worth Walking Toward. a reminder.

The content below is a repost from April of 2009, entitled Worth Walking Toward.
I needed to read it again.
Maybe it is for you today, too.

********
Talk about a timely, relevant, and treasured verse, friends. Each word is a treasure to me. Don't miss the relevant words in the very last verse:
Jeremiah 17:5-8 (New American Standard Bible)

5"Thus says the LORD,
Cursed is the man who trusts in mankind
And makes flesh his strength,
And whose heart turns away from the LORD.

6"For he will be like a bush in the desert
And will not see when prosperity comes,
But will live in stony wastes in the wilderness,
A land of salt without inhabitant.

7"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD
And whose trust is the LORD.

8"For he will be like a tree planted by the water,
That extends its roots by a stream
And will not fear when the heat comes;
But its leaves will be green,
And it will not be anxious in a year of drought
Nor cease to yield fruit. "

Trust in.
hmmmm.

Do you trust in Government? think about it. do you? what are you expecting them to fix?

Do you trust in being educated??
 do you? what are you expecting to achieve? become? prevent? attain in the eyes of man?

Do you trust in money? 
do you follow all the sound advice? do you make sure your ducks are in all the right rows? can you give it away? can you "live" without it?

Do you trust in your church? do you? what are you expecting the church to repair? to do? achieve? sustain?

Your husband?
 do you? what are you expecting your husband to fulfill? to make all better?

Your pastor? do you? what can he explain or save you from?

Your parents? do you? what can they protect you from? what can they provide?

Your children? do you? what can they become that will bring you satisfaction and peace?

...Yourself? do you control? hold on tightly? or carefully hold back?
do you hold onto that one worrisome thing? do you suffer anxiety over it? ...because you are afraid that if you don't hold onto it tightly, it will crash to the ground???

all the while
 wondering: if I don't take care of it, who will????

Oh, hear me sweet friends. I have tried (um. still do.) all of those things!! And I still need daily bread {or whoopin's, :)} from God to remind me not to trust in my hubby, my church, ... myself.

OH, how I need these words of truth, Lord;
I have put my trust in those things that will not yield lasting fruit.
that will not save.
that will not fulfill.
that will, eventually, let me down.

Today, the Lord again whispers to my heart:
Trust in the Only Thing Worth Walking Toward...
His Name is Jesus.

3 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Unknown said...

AMEN! Walking right to Jesus with you!

Love you,
Jill

Mindy said...

Thanks for the reminder. I think we could all read this every day...

Stacy@hiswaynotmine said...

So beautifully put. It makes me think of Proverbs 3:5
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths."

Glad you reposted it. Oh, how I'm walking that road right now!

Love in Christ,
Stacy

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.