Wednesday, July 21, 2010

When the rug is pulled out...

yesterday, we got some news that will prove to be a challenge for our family.


the rug got pulled out from under us...

but guess what?

under our rug, we found Our Rock.

steady.
unchanging.
sure.
and full of hope.
 Psalm 62:1-2

"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken."

The rug was pulled out from under us.
Yet, we are not shaken.

If you think on us, can you please pray for our family? Thank you, dear ones.

8 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I am sorry for whatever you are going thru. I will be praying for ya'll. God always has a plan.

Sherrie said...

I am also sorry for whatever it is that happened. I loved how you used that analogy. God is definately our rock and he will see you through. Prayers being sent your way!

Anonymous said...

Prayers friend. Can you message me on FB? I would love to pray in details if you are able to share.

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

LOVE...LOVE...LOVE this post.

We too..had the rug pulled from under us...and we found a ROCK too!!

I'll be praying for you...and your situation.

Remember...NOTHING catches God by surprise..and I'm expecting to hear AMAZING things...as God moves.

Mindy said...

What a great lesson. You are such an example to others even (especially) in your weaknesses. Because that is where His strength shines so brightly.

*lots of prayers*

Angel said...

Hugs to you friend.... Angel

Unknown said...

Just read this post and the Barbie one. I'm so sorry to hear that you have hit a rough spot - I have no idea how rough. I'm stopping right now to pray for you and your family. Hang tight sweet girl, and you're so right to think on the lessons God taught you through a resourceful Barbie. You've got it in you. He's in you. Hold tight.

Turquoise Gates said...

Praying, praying, praying. {Did you know I prayed for that I-Pad for you from the moment I met you until you won??} What specifically can I pray for? (e-mail me at gmthul@yahoo.com)

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.