Friday, September 24, 2010

Fun taggy game

I have been brain-dead.
Pouring every ounce of myself into getting our homeschool started off on the right foot.
So, I was very happy that Carrie tagged me, and gave me a post subject by tagging me.
Not to mention. I really like Carrie
You will like her too when you hop over to her blog and give her some love.


So, I am supposed to answer her 8 questions, pose 8 new ones of my own, and then tag 8 other bloggettes. As usual, I am not quite following the rules, though.
Here goes:
1. What is your favorite Bible verse? How did it become your favorite? (If you don’t have a single favorite, please share one of your faves.) hmmmm. depends on the season of my life... I usually have one or two that I cling to like a baby-blankie. Currently, I am hanging on to this one:
"But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,
whose confidence is in him.
He will be like a tree planted by the water
that sends out its roots by the stream. 
It does not fear when heat comes; 
its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit." (Jeremiah 17:7-8)


2. What is currently on your nightstand? Are you reading a good book? Are you into Sudoku or crosswords? Do tell! Body Shop hand cream; a decanter with fresh water; pencils for highlighting; 2 library books (all half finished): one about Charlotte Mason technique, one about the special angle of teaching boys; other books (all half finished): The Hurried Child, Beth Moore's So long Insecurity, and Living a Beautiful Life by Alexandra Stoddard.

3. If you have a Saturday where there is nothing on the calendar (Yeah, I know you’re laughing right now!!), how would you most like to spend the day? Are you a homebody? Are you a compulsive cleaner? Would you go shopping? Meet a friend for lunch? Believe it or not, we often have Saturdays free because I protect them like a hawk. If it is not a major obligation, or it is not more fun than being home with my guys... I usually say no. (I know. I am one of those 'no' people.) We usually spend our Saturdays running a few errands or doing projects around the house. Every Saturday morning, we try to eat banana pancakes and snuggle.

4. I’ve recently finished Dr. Kevin Leman’s book The Firstborn Advantage. Do you think there is anything to “Birth Order?” Do you see any birth order characteristics in you, your hubs, and/or your kids? Oh yes. I totally think this a real thing. Caleb is SO first born. Christian... well, he is the baby. no doubt.

5. Do you plan to grow old gracefully or fight it every step of the way (within reason – i.e. age-fighting moisturizers, covering gray hair, etc.)? easy answer: FIGHT, baby, FIGHT! full artillery, folks.

6. Do you like Starbucks? And are you a fan of their seasonal coffees? love my morning coffee. We get our coffee from a friend who makes her own (lucky us!). I actually don't like Starbucks... sorry, fans. But I love me some flavored coffees or flavored coffeemate.

7. How do you decorate and/or prepare for fall? pumpkins galore. I often bring in a few branches with leaves on them... once the colors have changed. A huge vase brimming with colorful leaves and sculptural branches is just the right thing...
Oh, and I pull out the snuggly blankets for couch snuggling.
8. What is your favorite fall recipe? my farmhouse apple pie. hands down.



I would like to tag the following cool bloggettes as a token to their loyalty and wonderful comment love. I am only tagging five because I am a rebel. (girls. be sure to scroll down for the new questions. AND: If you are not into the tagging thing, then you absolutely must not do this. It would be sad to do a post based on the feeling of guilty motivation. sad, I say!).
Mindy
Flamingo Mama
Wife to the Rockstar
Jenny
and Carrie, if she wants to do it again. (I cannot deny her loyal commenting).


ok. here are my questions (statements? demands?) for you!! Hope to get to know more about you!
1. Tell me the latest thing that made you laugh out loud.
2. What is your favorite thing about the Lord?
3. What thing do you really wish you could buy right now?
4. What is your favorite easy crock pot recipe (if no crockery, then, just dinner)?
5.  True or False: the front of my fridge has nothing on it.
6. Jeans girl, skirt girl, pants girl, or sweats girl?
7. What is God teaching you right now?
8. Tell me a character trait of each of your kids.

2 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Knocker Boys said...

Mmmm... I'm hungry for banana pancakes. :) And coffee. But I'm not into flavored coffee. Plain black for me.

Carrie said...

I'm so glad you played along! I always think these things make for an easy post, too! ;)

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.