Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Barbie is resourceful

When I was a girl, I was a Barbie-playing girl.

I remember that my biggest needs in life were for more Barbie outfits and, especially, for a Barbie dreamhouse.  My mom didn't happen to agree.

Interestingly enough, Barbie is a resourceful gal.

So, instead of the pre-packaged dreamhouse, Barbie had to make something out of nothing.

What that meant was: Barbie somehow "lived in a trash dump" and she did what she had to do - she worked hard and stayed focused - to get her dream.

She had to weed through all of the useless things of my bedroom to come up with a fabulous pad.
Which she did.

And with a necklace jewelry box for a bed, a small soft ball for a posh and fluffy chair, a thimble or two for glassware, and a sash made out of a rubberband - that said "Miss. New Jersey," Barbie made her own way in the world.

She had that dreamhouse.
that dreamy Ken.
that Miss NJ sash.

She set her sights on what she wanted, and she was willing to set aside her pride and do her best.


I have not stopped thinking about the fact that:
the very moment the rug got pulled out from under us,

I though of my Barbie.

2 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Flamingo said...

i still love the sash thing. you should take a picture of that. that's creativity at it's best!

CarJax said...

Just seeing your post about the rug and your ROCK. Love and prayers from across the nation.

This week I found this verse to go with the preschool curriculum I put together for this coming weekend. I pray it helps. "I cried out to you and you answered me. You made me strong and brave." -Psalm 138:3 (NIrV)

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.