Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A New Year that the Lord has made

Happy New Year.
Happy Day.
"This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!" - Psalm 118:24






















Right next to my bed, I keep a gift box. It is a tiny little present, with a bow on top. And it sits by my bedside to remind me that each new day is a gift from God.

And each New Year is a Gift.
I am excited about 2011, and I wait expectantly upon the glorious things that God will do for His glory, and to shape me and my family.

With each passing year, I get more and more lax about the concept of New Year's Resolutions... but I always seem to "regroup" and "refocus" and "reorganize" this time of year.

One of the main ways that our family does this is by having time together to make a list of "Family Goals" for our year. We organize this list by subject. We try to keep the list attainable, simple, and focused... with the overall goal of our lives in mind. Running the race toward the Prize.

This year, I noticed something interesting. I actually had to delete the subject line entitled "Spiritual Goals." The reason? Well, each and every other catagory {like Marriage Goals, Parenting Goals, Money Goals, Home Improvement Goals} actually encompassed all of our Spiritual Goals for the New Year. I thought that was cool.

A highlight of some of our goals for this year? Some of them are new, others are a continuation from last year:

Marriage Goal: monthly date nights; nightly devotions together
Parenting Goal: read small excerpts each day from my two favorite parenting books, this one, and this one.
Darlene Goal: get a primary physician
Money Goal: save money for trip to Russia to visit Agniya.
Home Goals: For a post on all of our Home Improvement Goals, click here.

...and that is just a taste, but you get the idea.

Has your family ever tried making a Family Goals list for the New Year? I have to say, I highly recommend it! It truly does help us to stay focused with our choices throughout the year.

What are some of your family goals?
I look forward to hearing from you for the first time this year!!

1 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Unknown said...

Beautiful idea and goals Darlene!

Praying you to the prize!

Love you!
Jill

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.