Thursday, January 20, 2011

his precious heart

Like so many of you, we have been praying for Edie and her family every day, a precious blogger who lost her home to fire.

This morning, on the way back from bringing Christian to preschool, Caleb spotted some construction equipment building a house. Here was his precious conversation with me:

Caleb: "Look, mommy!! Look at the cool crane and backhoe! Are they building a house?"
Mommy: "Yep."
Caleb: "(very excitedly) Are they building a new house for Edie???!!!!!"
Mommy: "Oh, no honey. Edie does not live here. They live somewhere else."
Caleb: "(determined) When I grow up, I am going to drive a loader, and I am going to build a big house for Edie!!!!! And then, I am going to go to buy them a lot, a lot of toys, from Toys R Us, and I am going to fill their new house up with toys. And I am going to get them a new garage."
Mommy: "Baby. That is a GREAT idea. Edie will love it."

Don't you just love his precious heart?


If you are not already, I invite you to join in on praying for Edie and her family.

10 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Mom to 9 Blessings! said...

So precious! What a tender hearted young man you are raising!

So sweet! Hug him for me!

Love you,
Jill

Harter said...

That is so cute!! It actually brought tears to my eyes, and I hadn't even heard about this before.

Cyndi@Walking in His Grace said...

So sweet! I've been praying for Edie and her family. Still hard to believe!
Blessings,
Cyndi

Cyndi@Walking in His Grace said...

So sweet! I've been praying for Edie and her family. Still hard to believe!
Blessings,
Cyndi

edie said...

you tell that sweet little Caleb that I wish i could wait for him, i bet he'll build the best house ever. what a sweetheart. thank you for sharing, totally makes my day!
bless you Caleb,
hugs and much love,
edie

Denise said...

That was great! I love your blog header as well! Thanks for sharing.

Sherrie said...

What a sweet and compassionate boy you are raising. Good job!

BARBIE said...

How that is so precious!

patty said...

popped over from edie's fb paige, where i saw the begining of this... how precious. sweet, sweet boy!
patty@findingserendipity.com

fourteen24 said...

wow. I love how tender his heart is. so sweet!