Thursday, January 20, 2011

his precious heart

Like so many of you, we have been praying for Edie and her family every day, a precious blogger who lost her home to fire.

This morning, on the way back from bringing Christian to preschool, Caleb spotted some construction equipment building a house. Here was his precious conversation with me:

Caleb: "Look, mommy!! Look at the cool crane and backhoe! Are they building a house?"
Mommy: "Yep."
Caleb: "(very excitedly) Are they building a new house for Edie???!!!!!"
Mommy: "Oh, no honey. Edie does not live here. They live somewhere else."
Caleb: "(determined) When I grow up, I am going to drive a loader, and I am going to build a big house for Edie!!!!! And then, I am going to go to buy them a lot, a lot of toys, from Toys R Us, and I am going to fill their new house up with toys. And I am going to get them a new garage."
Mommy: "Baby. That is a GREAT idea. Edie will love it."

Don't you just love his precious heart?


If you are not already, I invite you to join in on praying for Edie and her family.

10 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Unknown said...

So precious! What a tender hearted young man you are raising!

So sweet! Hug him for me!

Love you,
Jill

Heather Hart said...

That is so cute!! It actually brought tears to my eyes, and I hadn't even heard about this before.

Grace and Beauty said...

So sweet! I've been praying for Edie and her family. Still hard to believe!
Blessings,
Cyndi

Grace and Beauty said...

So sweet! I've been praying for Edie and her family. Still hard to believe!
Blessings,
Cyndi

{edie} said...

you tell that sweet little Caleb that I wish i could wait for him, i bet he'll build the best house ever. what a sweetheart. thank you for sharing, totally makes my day!
bless you Caleb,
hugs and much love,
edie

dmvoccola said...

That was great! I love your blog header as well! Thanks for sharing.

Sherrie said...

What a sweet and compassionate boy you are raising. Good job!

BARBIE said...

How that is so precious!

patty said...

popped over from edie's fb paige, where i saw the begining of this... how precious. sweet, sweet boy!
patty@findingserendipity.com

Anonymous said...

wow. I love how tender his heart is. so sweet!

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.