Wednesday, December 22, 2010

a new ornament and a new camera {squeal!}

found this on our tree yesterday:


hmmmm. Fake, child sized, construction-goggles make for quite an interesting ornament, right???


see them?
hanging right in the middle of the tree?
cute.




and....
{insert giddiness here}

I was able to take these gorgeous, albeit highly unprofessional, pics {if I do say so myself}, in very low light,






because Matt's family gave me this for Christmas:

{insert silly and ridiculous scream of delight}

Did I ever tell you that my current Canon Elf was left outside on a pile of rocks for two weeks, and endured 3 severe thunderstorms, 3 days above 100 degrees F, and a mini-tornado that uprooted trees at every house on our street????
Yes.
That puppy still worked.

But alas, with each new day, she was dying a slow death.
gotta give her credit for hanging on.

and I was hanging on too. Or you could even argue that I was getting desperate.
Until,
wonder of wonder. miracle of miracles.
I got my dream camera for Christmas!!!!! AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

Thank you so much to Nana and Pop Pop!

...just wondering God. When are you going to stop showing off with all these little big gifts??

7 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Jenny said...

WOW!!! Now that's AWESOME!!! An early Merry Christmas to you!!!!

Unknown said...

LOVE IT!!!!! He lives to bless us and give us the deepest desires of our hearts...in many ways. This time in the form of an awesome camera!!!!! Enjoy it!

I gave my T1i to Lexi and she is ROCKING IT! :-)

Merry Christmas Darlene - love to you and your beautiful family!
Jill
http://fnaphotography.blogspot.com

ARK said...

CONGRATS!

Can't wait to see all the gorgeous pics you take!

...and PS...LOVE the ornament :)

Stacy@hiswaynotmine said...

First, love that boys will be boys and leave behind their mark that they were there.....with construction goggles as ornaments in unlikely places! Gotta love it!

Second....I am so happy for you! Yeah....isn't God so awesome. Have so much fun with it. Can't wait to see all the moments captured in that baby. What an awesome present.

Keep soaking Him in. His gifts are abundant!!

Wishing you a wonderful and beautiful Christmas.

Much love,
Stacy

Carrie said...

Enjoy your new gift, Darlene!! ;)

Merry Christmas to you!

kristin said...

Oh wow! AWESOME! I really want a nice camera like that but there was no way I was going to ask my mom for that this year. I want to start saving for one though.
My mom did get me a new camera this year, but seems so small and dinky in comparison, but I am still happy anyway, I've been using my Droid Eris for pictures so really ANYTHING is better!
I made a post about it today with some random pictures that I took with it.

http://rainybutterfly.blogspot.com

Laura said...

I love the new ornament :) and I just know you'll find plenty of use for that new camera. Merry Christmas, Darlene! Blessings to you and your family.

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.