Monday, December 6, 2010

At the Tree Farm

A new family tradition for us, starting last year, is going to a tree farm to pick and cut down our own Christmas tree. I must say, I love it so much more than heading over to a tree lot. There is something old-fashioned about it. And, boy, your tree really does last A LOT longer because it is so much fresher.

We captured some great pictures from our special day. Another treasured memory:








 
How I love this time of year. I hope you are enjoying Getting Ready for Him.

6 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Unknown said...

Look at those decked out boys of yours! Looks like a fun time Darlene. :) Great pics.

Abigail Jasmine said...

So fun! So great! :)

Your boys are TOO cute!!

Linda said...

A lovely tradition for a very lovely family!

Good pictures!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Linda said...

Hello again Darlene. Thanks for your comment on my house and decorations. We like it. We built it 4 years ago. We always wanted an old house to re-do like you are doing...but as we got older we didn't have the energy! (:>) Yours is wonderful...and when you are done with it it will be spectacular I am sure! (I love your decorating blog) Do you have acreage?

Yes, people are always saying that my girls look like me...especially Lynnette. (I love it)

When I saw you two together when you met at the Relevant Conference, I told Lynnette that you two looked like sisters! (:>) Two dark haired, dark eyed beauties! I am so glad she got to go to that. She met some wonderful people.

Have a good week Darlene.

Carrie said...

I love the way your dress your boys - they are precious!! :)

Jenny said...

Looks like such a fun day!! Wonderful pictures!

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.