Monday, April 19, 2010

Well. It finally happened.

Remember this post {click here for "hiding the uglies: dish soap"}
with this great idea???:
Notice any similarities between my soap bottle and my olive oil bottle???? {Folks. It has been like this at my house for years....like, ten}:

Well.
It finally happened:

********
And here lies an entire pasta salad,
covered in soap:

12 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Alyce said...

Too funny! Did you figure it out before you took that first bite? :)

Linda said...

Oh noooo! That soap does look like olive oil! (:>)

Sounds like a comical situation.

Happy Saturday

{darlene} said...

HA!! No, fortunately. I realized it was there before I took a single bite....
the sad part is that I did consider just washing it off. hahaha!!

Flamingo said...

i know i shouldn't laugh but i am! first because this is exactly what i would do! secondly because i too would think about washing it off...but knowing me i actually would!

Paula said...

Hehe, that is the funniest thing! I would have considered washing it off too! You may need to find an 'antiquey/old' looking decal/sticker to put on the washing liquid bottle...just in case.

Anonymous said...

OH NO!!!!! Sounds like a pizza delivery night to me!

Mindy said...

Oh, sad day! I'm so sorry that your whole pasta dish was ruined! Looks like it's time for some bright pink soap... :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. I had to laugh. My husband did too!

CarJax said...

Hi Darlene! Loved this post. But sorry about the pasta. Hope you are having a blessed February! Hugs, Jax

Unknown said...

Hilariously sad!

Kristen said...

Oh NO! It looks so similar - I can see where that would easily happen! You have paint, right? I took my soap bottle and added some painting on the glass to "pretty" it up for my counter and to make it not match the oil!

On the bright side - you KNOW your plan B dinner tasted better than Plan A would have!

Lyn said...

Oh NO!! I hope you laughed!?! I hope you didn't take a bite either! That is hilarious!

You have a wonderful blog and your header is gorgeous! Congratulations on winning from Lynnette's blog!

I enjoyed my visit!
Blessing to you!
Lyn @ Southern Homeschool Journey
http://southernhomeschool.blogspot.com/

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.