Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hiding the Uglies: Dish Soap

Time for another Hide The Uglies post!
Soooooo.
Instead of this:
How about trying this??:
I used a former Harry and David dipping-oil bottle, and I now use it at my kitchen sink, filled with dish soap. You can purchase specialty bottles just like this at boutique-y stores, too. Just be sure that it has a pour-top spout.
Voila!!
Hide those Uglies, bloggettes!
Want more of Hiding the Uglies? Click here.

11 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Paula said...

Ohhh, you are such a delight dear Darlene! I am going to go out and search for some bottles. Not only for my dish washing liquid, but also my hand wash for in the kitchen. You do inspire me! :-)

Mom in High Heels said...

I do this too! Mine is very similar to yours. I love having pretty bottles instead of ugly ones.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

oh - I had mine in one of those bottles last Christmas and totally forgot about it. Must.Go.Find! :)

Tammy said...

That's a great idea. Your so clever.

He & Me + 3 said...

I do the same thing....great minds think alike:)

Kimberly said...

Looks great, Darlene!

And HOORAY for buying in bulk...around here, we just say SAM'S!

Jenny said...

That looks so nice. I would have to find something plastic, because it seems like the bottle is always slipping out of our hands. Plus, my daughter likes to help wash the dishes.

Tessa said...

Beautiful! I keep mine under the sink, but I might just bring it on out now! My mom actually has her dish soap in a similar hand-painted bottle. Very cool!

Room to Think said...

love the look. hey, my link within widget isn't doing its job :( don't forget your post on motherhood :)

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Oh I just found your blog and it is so beautiful and full of great ideas. I'll be following you and I hope you can stop by sometimes.

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

I went this weekend and got a bottle. It looks so pretty instead of the plastic generic one. Keep th eideas coming.

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.