Friday, January 15, 2010

An Old Love.

Lately, I have been aching to reunite with an old love.

Especially while I am trapped indoors on cold winter days, I long to curl up next to a fire with a hot cup of tea and rekindle an old flame:

aren't they enticing?

But the excuses are many. The time is short. The interference is at an all time high.
and I miss this quiet love that has been mine since I was 8.

To rekindle this love has been on my list of New Year's Resolutions for 5 years now. And I have picked up my brushes a time or two... But not nearly enough..........

I miss this old love. It is a part of me. Maybe this year........


for more Winter inspiration, visit The Inspired Room.

9 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Unknown said...

I had no idea you are so talented!!!

Unknown said...

I mean, I knew you were talented but didmt know you were a fantastic painter - I'm jealous!

Laura said...

But these are gorgeous! You must spend some time with this old love in the new year. keep us posted, Darlene!

Unknown said...

Oh how wonderful to have such a talent! Use it girl! You're obviously very artistic in nature. That comes through in everything I see on your posts. Pick up those brushes!

Tammy said...

You are talented. Your paintings are beautiful!

Charity said...

your art is amazing, winter also makes me want to be creative. BEING TRAPPED INSIDE brings it out. Thanks for sharing.
Cha Cha

Anonymous said...

Please, please, please, pick up those brushes and those paints!! Make the time! You deserve it!

Flamingo said...

i DID know that you were that talented and i will say it again, God gave you a gift my friend. I need to send you the link to my friend Deann's blog. She started a ministry at our church that encourages you to use your God given creative gifts as an act of worship AND a way of bringing yourself closer to him. Perhaps you need to look at it that way and it will be able to help shuffle the priorities...not easy done I know, but perhaps HE is calling you to do it more than just a desire you think YOU have within you. Just a thought:)

Joyeful said...

These are beautiful!! Wow! You are very, very talented!! I'm so glad you decided to paint again--you obviously have a knack for it! I'm hopeless when it comes to detail work like that!

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.