Thursday, July 23, 2009

Help me to Treasure them.

I am not going to mince words. It has been a rough week.
Nothing tragic.
Just a really, really, really trying week with the kids.
Yesterday found me FACE DOWN on the hardwoods {more than once}, begging God to teach me how to treasure my children.

I begged over and again, like a crazed meditation:
"Dear God. Help me to treasure them. Help me."

Because right now, I just want to walk away.
I won't.
But I want to.

Maybe I was not cut out for this mommy-ing stuff.
Oh, dear God.
Help me to Treasure them.

"Love them. As I have loved you........"
I will try, Lord. help me.


Thank you to my precious honey, who arrived home early{!!!} on Tuesday with dinner, flowers {see their gorgeousness above}, and then whisked the boys off to the "tractor store" (Lowe's) until bedtime.
I love you.

7 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Angela said...

Oh dear one, HAVE I EVER BEEN THERE!! Thank you for sharing your deepest thoughts with us like this..'the truth shall set you free'..and you know what sis,,He WILL answer those cries..I've had two days like this also,,but mine has been with daycare children...a teething child that has whined, screamed and cried for hours. I told the dad today I'm almost driven to start drinking...LOL...As I held her at one time, I was rocking her and praying.."Lord, let me love her as You love her, help me to love, love, love'...and peace just reigned upon my spirit and I was able to just hold her, kiss her, and love her in Christ...that was HIS DOING!! Mine was like you..get me out of here!!!!

Mindy said...

I don't have children, so I can't relate, but I do know that you're not the only mom to ever feel this way. I've heard many of my friends express the same struggles/thoughts/feelings. You are a terrific mother, even if it is overwhelming sometimes. The Lord will provide the peace and patience that you need. I've already said a prayer on your behalf, and I will continue to do so.

Your husband truly is great. How nice of him to relieve you of some stress. It's nice that God works through one spouse when the other is struggling. He sure knows what He's doing, doesn't He?

God bless you this week!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Well, I wish I could say I've never been there, but if I did it would be one of the biggest, most wretched lies I ever made!!! ha!

When you only have little ones, life is HARD!!! It's hard to think...catch your breath...feel sane...etc. When I was in that stage of life it helped to think back to times when I had lost a child, feared losing a child, saw them ill, etc...or look ahead to the time they're no longer here...it's pretty easy to snap out of it. Even if you've never lost a child, surely you have a situation that wasn't pleasant when you wished you had a rambunctious, loud child - like when your son had surgery.

Mothering is hard work, but it makes peaceful moments (even if it's just for an hour while hubby takes them to the farm store) seem amazingly wonderful!

Just remember (and take if from someone who continues to be in shock about it), these years are going to fly by. Try to enjoy each and every moment and refresh yourself when necessary. God is faithful to give us every single thing we need for every single "impossible" situation.

Love,
Lynnette

Room to Think said...

hang in there Darlene, God please give her strength, peace and grace and may her little gorgeous men bring such wonderful blessings to her and matt's lives.

Becky said...

Oh my word! I have been there so many times!!! And My Love has come too my rescue too. But it seems to build back up so quickly doesn't it? I would never leave but have wished many times that my kids were old enough for a long bout of summer camp. ;-)

Flamingo said...

girl...you should have let me know and we could've ran away together!

wow...an early rescue? that's awesome!

i've had days that i've seriously stared at the bottle of vodka on my fridge. funny thing is that i drink, like every other year....so goodness knows how old that bottle is, but good grief...somedays i don't care!

come fall i only have 2 kiddos! WOO HOO!

we need to hang soon my friend.

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.