Friday, May 15, 2009

Birthday vs. Mother's Day. Birthday wins.

Below are the pics from the 14th. My Birthday.
A wonderful day.
Flowers from my honey.
Cards and drawings from my boys.
And the best gift of all: My love. Matt took a surprise Half-Day off. I did a happy dance and then fell on the floor.

Caleb the photograper captured the happy dancing moments:

........
and then...we have, four days prior:

Mother's Day.
Which was not nearly as much fun.

but everyone is ok. I promise.
Birthday vs. Mother's Day? hmmmmmm. this year, I pick Birthday.

12 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Tessa said...

Oh my goodness gracious - what happened?

Tammy said...

So,your a May baby too. We celebrate three birthdays, our anniversary and Mother's day all in May.

I hope all the dancing wasn't the reason to call the ambulance? Are you all fine?

love and hugs~Tammy

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Darlene, thanks for stopping by. Happy Birthday to you! Please come back to see me.

He & Me + 3 said...

Happy Late Birthday...what happened? YIKES

Anonymous said...

I wasn't expecting to see a stretcher - that is scary - and hope and trust all is well.

Unknown said...

Ok, glad everyone is fine - but you can't keep us in suspense like that! :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Lots of love,
Jill

Unknown said...

oh no, what happend?!

Becky said...

Yah, I'd pick birthday too. Mine is the 21st and I'm doing a giveaway. Looks like my Mothers Day was way more quiet than yours. Happy both!

LisaShaw said...

I'm glad that everyone is ok! I'm sorry Mother's Day was not as special as your Birthday but I'm glad you are alive to have both with the special people in your life that love you. Praise the Lord.

Kristen said...

I totally get it - my birthday was the day before Easter - so Easter trumped my birthday by a long shot!

I really hope you had a great birthday and that everyone is ok at your place? Yikes!

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

WOW...it sounds like you had a lot of excitement....I hope you are ok???

Mindy said...

I'm so glad you had a great birthday! Those roses are just beautiful! What a great hubby and a great surprise! :)

I'm also VERY glad that everyone is okay from Mother's Day, but what in the world happened??

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.