Wednesday, March 4, 2009

You Know You're A Mom When.....Still Life.


This used to be the Still Life scenes around my former, pre-children home:
Lovely. Breakable. Untouched bliss.
But, you know you are a mom when...
This is your latest Still Life scene:
Apparently my son has a friend.
He is a watermelon.
He named him Caleb.
And in the photo above, he is taking a nap.
Of course he is.

I just love that Watermelon Still Life. Who needs boring. old. breakable. perfection. when you can have belly laughter?????

Oh, won't you join in on the Mr. Linky fun? Any lovely 'Still Life's around your home... like a mountain of stinky socks, or a lego sculpture?? Oh, please do share!

...And it does not have to be a still life, mommies. Just let us know what, in your life-home-and-crazies, reminds you that You Know You are A Mom!

9 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Laura said...

This is beautiful, Darlene! I really can relate. Strange things like this always pop up over here.

The green really brightens things up, no?

Misty said...

Beautiful home!

I laughed out load. Well... Melon's need naps too.

He & Me + 3 said...

Gorgeous house you have...like a magazine.

Emily said...

Love this! When I see perfect homes, I just think "oh that person must not have kids" :) Let's see...the most recent for me was while I was making dinner last night, I said to my daughter "do you have the strainer in your room again?" I find that thing in the weirdest places. Your home is gorgeous. I love the wood paneling walls in that first photo.

Emil@remodelingthislife

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

What a beautiful home you have and those little ones of yours....ahhhh so cute

Angela said...

Beautiful sweet thing napping,,how cute,,LOL....Love it! I also LOVE that bead board you have...that is what I'm hoping, dreaming and praying for in my rec room...

Becky said...

Oh I almost missed it... I'll work on a post tonight so I can link up.

If it were me I'd be on the bed snuggling with the melon, lol.

Room to Think said...

H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S!!!!! Love it! Love your kid's thoughtfulness for his melon companion :P

Anonymous said...

I know I'm a mom because of the GIGANTIC shoes left all over to remind me that my kids are now BIGGER than I am and that I frequently trip over but tell myself how blessed I am that they are still living at home. I know it won't be long till my house is childless and looking like it came from a spread in Better Homes & Gardens. Although I like the way it is now. :) Also love the watermelon pal. Just don't eat it!!!

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.