Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hide the Uglies

I have a decorating practice that I have been faithfully employing for years.
Necessity is the Mother of Invention, so they say.

And, my need was to only look at pretty things, and to hide ugly things.
Hence: Hide the Uglies.

My husband picks on me for always trying to Hide The Uglies (in an endearing way, of course. What can I say, honey. You married your mother.). Even my contractor was convinced I would make a closet out of a hole in the floor (I would.) if I could.

I just happen to think that Hiding The Uglies brings world peace.

If I tried to show you all of the ways that I Hide The Uglies in my home, this would be a very long post. So, here is just a little sampling:

Hide your office in a closet:
Layer "Hiding The Uglies" by hiding your office stuff in cute baskets that match:

Hide a "playroom" in a closet and a window seat: Voila. A playroom and a media room. Hide it.:
Hide diapers and wipes beneath your bar. Of course.:
Hide your plethora of paperwork in cute baskets in the kitchen: Hide your lotions, potions, and primping gear in baskets in the bedroom:

Hide a bunch-a-stuff (purses, lap desk thingy, giveaways, and stuff I don't want to deal with) behind that chair in your bedroom:
Hide piles of bedtime reading, handcream, lipbalm, and other bedside essentials, behind the headboard:

Just the tip of the iceberg, my friends.

Hiding the Uglies.
Once you start, you can't stop.
For more Hiding the Ugly Posts, Click Here.

7 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

I love your organization! You have such a beautiful home. Right now, I'm so far behind after my car accident and everything, that I'm letting all my Uglies hang out. I'll be on a "hiding" mission very soon.

Paula said...

You inspire me with your organisational skills around the house. I have to say that while I am a clutter monster in some areas, I do hide the uglies in baskets. I am going to start working on one re-organisation project a week, whether that be the linen cupboard or my wardrobe, until I've done the lot! I used to be a real neat freak before I had Jasmine but now I don't get the time with working full-time. Keep inspiring me though...please!!!

wife.mom.nurse said...

Ok, is it too much to ask for you to come to my house and hide all of my uglies?

Please?
Please!
Please :0

")

Unknown said...

LOL! You are so darn cute.

Ahhh hiding the uglies - great idea about the desk - very smart!

Hugs and blessings to you today!
Jill

Angela said...

I have TONS of baskets. Aren't they the greatest..I will have to do a post showing all of mine..Very organized..great stuff.

He & Me + 3 said...

You are my kind of girl. This is awesome!

Angela said...

Posted the pics and shared your link with everyone....

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.