Tuesday, February 17, 2009

An Easter Project: Saving onion skins

Why am I saving onion skins?:

Why, to do this, of course: Are these not the most beautiful, and simply classy, Easter eggs?

They are dyed completely using natural material....including onion skins, turmeric, coffee, and cabbage! I think that the simple beauty of these are worth the effort. Click on this link to hop over to Martha Stewart to read all about the "How-To." This is not hard, peeps!

And start saving your onion skins!
photo credit: Martha Stewart Omnimedia

11 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Mrs. Rems said...

What a great idea! Thank you for sharing. :)

Unknown said...

Ok, Mrs. Crafty - you are just too cute and too much!

Love them!

Does that mean I have to start buying onions - hmmmm? LOL! I can't eat them raw or even cooked - so I don't buy them.

Hugs and love sweet friend - you really are such a crafty one!
Jill

Sassy said...

Darlene, I've been following your blog for a little while now. You are so crafty and artsy I love it! Once I get a decent photo shop program I plan to start Digi Scrapbooking. I am really excited. I am also a Christian and think we would have a lot in common! :) Hope to talk to you soon. :)

God Bless!

P.S. I hope you don't mind I tagged you on my blog. :)

http://diaryofahappywhitewoman-sassy.blogspot.com/

Sassy said...

Hi Darlene! All you do is post your "True Confessions". Really anything you want us to know about you that we might not already. Somewhere in the post put a link back to me and then if you want, tag others with links to their blogs as well. :) It's really fun!

Sassy said...

Oh, and I forgot to add that when you tag others you leave a comment on their blog letting them know. :)

Kimberly said...

Great idea, and yes they are beautiful!

Jessica said...

I love it! Thanks for sharing the idea!

Tessa said...

Cory's parents have been dyeing Easter eggs like this forever ... and Cory loves the eggs dyed with onion skins. He thinks they taste different ... and they probably do!

wife.mom.nurse said...

your blog is so cute. happened to stumble upon it and look forward to following ")

I love following blogs of people that have talents different than I do, so, I shall just say... I cannot carry a tune ")

Julie

He & Me + 3 said...

How neat are those. what a great idea.

V and Co. said...

ooooh great idea! thanks!

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.