Monday, February 23, 2009

I should not be surprised.

I do not make political statements on this blog, as a generality.

You don't even know who I voted for.

But it should be very CLEAR that I am a Christian, I hope.

I posted on Sunday about a project that we participated in, and feel strongly about. It shows only this: That I am pro-life, and I am an American who believes in the power of speaking up.

But I have GOT to tell you. I am FLOORED that, because of that post, I lost 20 followers immediately off of my blog (c'mon. don't lie. ;) you look at yours too!!!! heehee). In half a day, people! It amazes me how quickly we write one another off. I suppose I am guilty of the same.
and maybe I am glad they chose to leave.

Or maybe I am not glad. Why? because it is not about me. this blog is not about me.

It is about HIM. The ONLY THING WORTH WALKING TOWARD. And I want everyone to know that He is the only thing worth walking toward.

I, Darlene, am nowhere close to perfect, or even "good". But I do know this perfect fact:

Jesus Christ loves you. He will not leave you. He will not forsake you. He offers you the greatest gift of all.
And Blessed is He who fears the Lord, and walks in his ways.

Walk in His Ways, dear friends. FOLLOW HIM, dear ones.

12 friends had a thing or two to say...:

TeriAnnElizabeth said...

I'm still here, Darlene! I'm not leaving either.

I think you are a beautiful woman who loves GOD and her family and reaches out to help the ones who cannot speak for themselves.

Alot of people got upset with my pastor when he preached a sermon on the Sanctity of Life and had a man from a place that helps women who decide they will keep their unborn children.

Alot of people got upset because they voted Democrat and they thought this was an assault on them.

You have to be true and courageous in what you stand for as long as this is a free country that gives you those rights.

I would love to send you what I found from the earliest churches after the apostles had been martyred - what the church leaders were saying about this situation. Strangely, it has come around full circle....this is just like Rome at it's powerful height and during various persecutions of the Christians.

Let me know if you want to see it and I'll e-mail you.

Love and prayers,
A faithful follower who doesn't always comment :-)
Teri

M.J. said...

You are an awesome Godly women!

My 6 year old came home from school a few weeks ago and asked me if Obama kills babies. I was shocked! I asked him why he would ask such a thing. He said a little girl on his bus told him. I really had to struggle with this. I don't want to lie to my children, but at the same time so saddened that I would one day (sooner than I thought) explain abortion to him. I also want me children to respect the Presidency, even if we don't agree with what they believe in. It is OK to disagree. We just pray about it and trust the Lord in each situation.

I'm sorry you lost followers. I'm standing by you!

LisaShaw said...

Hey Sweetie, you know I'm new to your blog but I'm not leaving. We are both Christians and pro-lifers.

Sometimes people leave for different reasons so pray and try not to take it personally. I know that's hard to do (smile). It shows the very human side of ourselves. We don't want to be "rejected".

Also, did you hear about the Blogger problem with losing followers? I just found out about an hour ago. Posted it on my Sharing Life with Lisa blog when I learned it from Beth. That could be the case but 20 people is quite a lot.

I post on Pro-life matters, etc on my Speak on it with Lisa blog is you ever want to take a peak.

Love you.

Paula said...

Wow, that's incredible. Well, I'm NOT leaving. I have lost a few 'followers' over the last few weeks for whatever reason 'pleased their soul'. I always hope that it wasn't because of anything I had posted. But, in saying that, accepting others for who they are, what they believe in and who they vote for is all part of living together on this earth. So, if they did have a problem, then it's THEIR problem and not yours and not mine. Making a stand for what you believe in is your right. I dare say that they ones that left felt intimidated by your boldness, and ultimately that boldness - that fearlessness - comes from God. I just read Lisa's comment about a Blogger problem with losing 'followers', so maybe that could have contributed, but she is right...20 is an awful lot! Keep smiling lovely lady.

Angela said...

Yes, I do look and than try to figure out who left? Today I had two leave,,,and tried not to obsess about that...20!! wow....((hugs)) I'm Canadian, I won't leave ya,,LOL....

I wrote in my devotional today that one of my struggles was seeking approval from other's, or wanting people like me. As if God's love for me is not enough? As if His approval isn't enough? I MUST seek man's approval? YUCK YUCK@!

this is a powerful post. Thanks so much for sharing from your heart.

You shine for Jesus. Your love for Him shines...I keep reminding myself,,'keep my eyes on Jesus'....((hugs))

Angela said...

Another thing came to me as I read your post, yepper, I'm back ..LOL.
The fear of man will become a snare, but those who trust in the Lord will be kept safe..~ Proverbs 29:25.

Tammy said...

I not leaving! I enjoy your writing,pictures and love how you decorate.

But I did notice that I lost 4 followers and it bother me all afternoon. But your right,it's about God,I'm writing because He told me to.

love and hugs~Tammy

CarJax said...

Hi Sweet Darlene, Just wanted to let you know how your red letter post affected my family. I read it to my 17 year old daughter, Katie, and she said, "Mom, can you copy that and print off 15 for me?" She is going to give them to her school friends. FYI - Awhile back I took her to dinner and while we were eating and visiting I asked her if she felt like God had placed a specific purpose on her life yet. She thought about that and then said that she believed that He wanted her to help in the cause of the unborn children. Keep walking toward Him. Much love, Jax

Unknown said...

Darlene - just an FYI - it is NOT you or anything you wrote about. No worries and like you said if all of them dropped off but one - then it would be the one person God wanted you to speak to.

Blogger is having issues and everyone is seeing a decrease in their followers. I'm surprised how many people actually blogged about that today. That follower thing can really become a negative thing and cause others to stumble - why does this person only x while she has y? I have never liked that and will be praying once again if I should just be done with the followers in my sidebar. I don't ever want it to become a popularity contest or make anyone feel bad that they don't even come close in how many people read their blogs - because quite honestly - I have almost a 100 and only 1/3 of that seems to read my blog and comment.

Hugs and love - your post about prolife is right on!!!!!!!!!

Jill

He & Me + 3 said...

Here for the long haul...Your posts encourage me, but I think something went wrong with blogger, because I lost a few followers just today and now they are back. Blog on my friend...I love your posts:)

Carol said...

Darlene,

I lost a few followers today too, and isn't that odd, if that is what it takes to stop "talking" with me? I really am very NON political, but I really, really, really love babies so much, I figure anything I can do to help....Keep on speaking your heart and I will too. Love, Carol

Flamingo said...

well, i hope it is a blogger glitch!

people are just sadly lost....and i know you know that. hopefully a believing christian was not turned off by this.

i'm amazed at the things we are divided over that should be a no brainer!

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.