Thursday, February 12, 2009

HI/LO Thursday

*****Before I begin my HI/LO post, I have a prayer request. Would you pray for Caleb? He has a fever. It is 100.8 - not very alarming, especially since he has new cold symptoms, but we do need to really watch it so that he won't need an emergency appendectomy. I called The Children's Hospital -and actually spoke to a Doctor - (they have been nothing but wonderful), and they gave us things to watch out for. Please pray that his fever subsides. Thank you Bloggettes!!!!!!!!!

I have loved this meme idea that is hosted over at The Rigg's family site: Where Laughter Lives, and this is my first time participating. The idea is to list your Highs and Lows for your last week. What a great, and honest, way to record "a day in the life!"

Living the Thing.....the week of Feb 5-12

HIGH's

  • We finished our taxes!! and we are getting refunds. Woohooo. I think we are going to finally get a fence along our treacherous road-frontage!! Momma is a happy girl.
  • Caleb has been feeling, and eating, really well! He lost 2 lbs, from 31 to 29 over the last two weeks. SO I am really glad he is eating well.
  • We got a WEEKEND ALONE as a family (we have had company.... um... nonstop? since Dec 17th, I think!!! it IS good to be loved, though!)
  • 65 degree days!!!! We went to the PARK! We put on our mud-boots and went crazy in the back yard. It was precious beyond words.
  • Our precious boys are healthy, and not in the hospital!
  • We had our last "Stepping Up: Psalms of Ascent" Beth Moore bible study here on Tuesday night. It was wonderful. Praise Him for all that He is teaching me!!
LOW's
  • I can't seem to put down the chocolate. I am eating it as we speak. Bugger, that dern PMS!!!!!!!
  • Yesterday, I was emotionally unstable, and not a fine example of a mommy. Dern PMS. Really.
  • Christian has entered the "I can't really communicate well/at all with words, therefore I shall just whine all of the time" Phase. Know that one??
  • Caleb's fever.

Some photographic highlights from our week:

Caleb took this pic with my camera. Isn't it cool?:

Caleb is eating again:

Christian, all ready to play outside (never mind our mudroom steps. They ARE on the ginormous To-Paint list):

Happy as a greased pig:

Eating the bubble bath:

Sweet Boy, no??:

9 friends had a thing or two to say...:

M.J. said...

Darlene-
I'm finally making it over to your blog! Love it!!! Thank you for being one of my followers and your comments mean alot to me!!

I just finished Stepping Up too....it was so incredible!

Blessings to you and your little sick Caleb.

Mary Jean at OneNuttyGirl.blogspot.com

MaryAnne said...

Caleb will be in our prayers. That final picture you posted of him on the couch is darling!

Mindy said...

I really appreciated all of your "high's." It's nice to be reminded of the little things to be thankful for, like great weather, tax rebates, and healthy kids. (Speaking of, I'll definitely be praying for Caleb's fever.)

I also really appreciate your "Low's." I love that you're honest about faults, especially PMS related ones. Blegh!

Thanks for the eye candy, as well. I sure did enjoy the pictures!

Unknown said...

Darlene,

Thanks for the funny comments and love today!

Oh that Naomi YUCK! I can't even believe she did it - I was horrified cleaning her up all three times. Oh the joys of being a Mommy to a curious toddler! LOL!

Praying for Caleb!

Hugs and love,
Jill

Unknown said...

Darlene,

Thanks for the funny comments and love today!

Oh that Naomi YUCK! I can't even believe she did it - I was horrified cleaning her up all three times. Oh the joys of being a Mommy to a curious toddler! LOL!

Praying for Caleb!

Hugs and love,
Jill

Flamingo said...

129 lbs? my that caleb is a BIG boy! lol

Room to Think said...

they've got to be the cutest kids!

Jessica said...

I am prayin for your sweet boy!

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

I'm praying that your little guy's fever goes away and he stays healthy!! and those are the CUTEST Valentine's cards!!! :)

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.