Monday, February 9, 2009

Cheap and Sweet Valentine's Treat

So, the Digi Scrapbooking fun of mine has now gone berzerk... into easy, money-saving ways to make a big impression for just a little bit of bucks! I am having so much fun with this!!!

Anyway, here is my latest. Give it a try!!!!!:

(If you are interested in this fun project, but are not sure how to digi-scrap, hop on over here for a mini-tutorial.)


Valentine Candy Wrappers!!
1. Step One: Get Supplies

You will need (not much at all, peeps!):
  1. Aluminum foil
  2. Regular sized Hershey Bars, or similar size candy
  3. A computer, a photo-edit program, and a color printer and paper
  4. A digi-scrapping kit of your Valentine's liking: (I found my gawgeous confection wrapper kit at this great site: The Shabby Shoppe)
  5. scissors (I used pinking-shears for fun)
  6. tape or glue

2. Step Two: Download your Digi-Kit and design away...

I used a Confection Kit, and imported pics of my kids onto the design:

3. Step Three: Print out your creation on regular paper

4. Step Four: Cut out pics with scissors or cute shears

5. Step Five: Wrap up your candy with foil:
6. Step Six: Tape (or glue) your handmade candy wrapper to the foil-wrapped bar:
Be sure that you center your picture on the front:7. Step Seven: Be sure to personalize your cute candy, and then give it away with LOVE:

Voila! A cheap and creative way to spread God's Love this Valentine season!!

If you do any digi scrapping crafts, I would love for you to send me a link, bloggettes!

17 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Christine said...

Darlene, these are adorable! Going to go check it out now.

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute! What a GREAT idea!

Laura said...

That is the cutest! you are a creative genius, Darlene.

:)Laura

Flamingo said...

oh no! please tell me you are not one of those moms that make the cutest lil' gifts for all of the kids in preschool! i was always like where do these moms come from?

you know i'm picking on you! they are adorable!! sure hope there is one in there that says Flamingo Mama!

CarJax said...

Sooo cute! We received some specially wrapped chocolate bars from Chris today. So fun. Love this idea. Blessings, Jax

Unknown said...

You seriously are the most creative woman I know! Love this idea - goodness with 8 little ones how many bars would I need - LOL!

xoxo - Jill

Unknown said...

these are sooo cute! I made baby einstein wrappers for my sons 2nd birthday party...they were such a hit! I never thought about doing it for Vday...it will be on my to-do list next year! I love them!!

Liz Harrell said...

SUCH a darling idea! Love this!

Becky said...

What a great idea. Love the pucker up one. :-*

He & Me + 3 said...

Super cute and I love your blog layout...gorgeous.

Jess @ Just a Blink said...

What a fun idea! Yummy too!

Thanks for checking out Just a Blink!
I'll see you around.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Cheryl said...

What a neat idea, thanks for sharing!

Mindy said...

I LOVE these! What a great idea! Not only did you have a fun time creating them, but people will just love receiving them (and the entire bar of chocolate inside!). I really want to get into digiscrapping. I'm just not sure where the time will come, or the money to acquire that software! Thanks for letting me vicariously live through you. :)

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

What a sweet idea!

Tessa said...

They look great Darlene! I wish I had more time to make those for Jonah ... he actually had his class exchange today because he has off school for the next 5 days! So, I will have to keep them in mind for next year!

~ Lisa @ AbidingThere~ said...

These are really, really cute! Who knew the steps to such cuteness were so simple?! Thanks!

Jessie Davis said...

This was so much fun! I made these for friends of ours and our children for Valentine's Day. What a HUGE hit! Everyone was sure NOT to forget them on the way out and felt so extremely special that I made them! How fun and easy.
Great idea for birthday gifts, mother's day, father's day.
Thanks for sharing!! We LOVED it!!

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.