Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Must Haves: Caller ID

Ok, so. Somehow I am picturing all of you shaking your heads at me, saying "DUH! Of course!!!!" and then again............... I am picturing others of you who wouldn't imagine spending 8 bucks a month on something like this. I guess, then, it is to the latter that I speak.


CALLER ID is not technically NECESSARY. Cutting it out would be a great way to save some dough. But I must tell you. If I had to cut it out tomorrow, I would definitely have a tiny little fit:)
Here are just a few of the infinite blessings of Caller ID; Oh, it is SUCH a Must Have:


**Now. If you have an issue with NOT picking up the phone every time it rings, or ignoring a call when it is not a good time.... what can I say? You have just gotta give yourself permission - and a break!
  1. My kids hate it when I am on the phone, and getting a call sometimes interrupts special time I am having with my family... so with caller ID, I can determine if speaking to that caller, at that exact time, is worth getting into a phone call.
  2. No more dealing with phone solicitors, especially the pesky ones that make it around the DoNotCall Registry. Just don't pick up when you see "Unknown Name."
  3. You can ignore phone calls during dinner time, even if you are waiting for a very important call.
  4. I have caller ID with call-waiting ID, which is great because when I am on a call, I always feel so rude clicking over... this way, I just look and see who is calling through, and I can just get back to the second caller later. Unless it is a very important call, in which case I know it is worth the interruption.

Ok. Those are just a few. How about you? What is your take on Caller ID??

All of that being said, I do have one last thought: Sometimes interruptions are Divine Appointments. ....I have to remind myself, from time to time, to take calls at inconvenient times... You never know when God is waiting for you to help a friend......

10 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Mindy said...

I completely agree with you. I don't have a landline, but my husband and I use our cell phones all of the time, which include caller ID. I love it exactly for all of the reasons that you mentioned. Also, it's nice to not have to leave a voicemail all of the time, because you know that your name will still be listed as a "missed call." I literally have forgotten what it's like to blindly answer a phone and genuinely not know who is on the other end. Wow, I've gotten spoiled!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

I love my caller id...but not call waiting.

Laura said...

Gotta have it...

He & Me + 3 said...

I love my caller id. Wouldnt want to get rid of it.

Tessa said...

I love Caller ID too! I am usually "behind the times" with technology ... but when we got Caller ID .. I loved it! I also have the feature that shows who is on call waiting (even though it makes this annoying long click) and I really love that too! Definitely a must have!

Christine said...

It's one of those, "Gotta Haves!" Worth every penny!

Unknown said...

I didn't realize how attached I became with my caller id until we were visiting my mother who doesn't have it...the phone rang and I stared at it, not wanting to pick it up without seeing who it was. Of course, I pulled myself together and answered but what an eye opening moment for me.

Flamingo said...

i too would be hesitant to let the caller id go. i used to use my answering machine which was free but pretty much got the same results. BUT i so love the caller id for call waiting. i HATE interuppting a conversation so i love it for knowing what is interuption worthy!

Beth Herring said...

Love your blog! What a great family you have. Beautiful inside and out.

Blessings,
Beth

Becky said...

I wouldn't mind having caller ID but I really don't like call waiting.

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.