Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Scripture Memory Begins


I have decided not to participate in an online Bible Study this semester because of some obstacles our family is facing at the beginning of 2009. HOWEVER, God is providing another wonderful way for me to grow closer to Him while blogging. And that is with Scripture Memory Accountability, "1st & 15 Siesta Scripture Memory Team," over at Beth Moore & Daughters' blog: The LPM Blog.

( And bloggettes, If I am not growing closer to God while blogging, WHY on Earth would I want to, or should I blog at all????? hmmmmmm. Something to ponder in blogland...)

Soooo, I encourage you to join in! Here is the info:

1. Details on "the 1st and 15 Siesta Scripture Memory Team" and How to sign up: Click Here.
2. More details and FAQ's: Click Here.
3. Post your chosen Scripture Here.

On The LPM Blog, you will also find tips on memorizing scripture.

On the 1st and 15th of each month, you post a scripture, chosen by you - (well, God, actually, for you... you know what I mean!!), and begin to memorize it. By the end of 2009, you will be armed with 24 life altering verses!!! How COOL is that??!! Go check it out, friends!

So, without further ado... and a bit late, here is

My Scripture verse for January 1st, 2009:

"Cast your cares on the Lord
and he will sustain you;
he will never let the righteous fall."

-Psalm 55:22

P.S. I would love to know which verses God is weaving into your heart and mind right now!!

P.P.S. If structured scripture memory is not for you right now, I highly encourage you to check out the "Yes to God" Online Study here at Write from the Heart.

4 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Sheryl said...

i am doing this to you. actually my last post was about my (God's) chosen scripture. it's habakkuk 3:17-19. there are lots of doing this, great to have "friends" who can encourage us along the way.

Paula said...

Hi Darlene! I'm doing both the study and the scripture memory challenge. It's manageable...I hope! My first verse is Romans 8:28 from the NIV - "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." It's my verse for the year, so I thought I'd start with that and a few others have jumped out at me over the last day or so to use for the subseuents verses. I'm also getting my 4 1/2 year old to memorise them along with me. Keep smiling, P :-)

Paula said...

PS: I wish my fingers could have spelt 'subsequent' correctly then too, hehe. It must be time for bed! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Darlene,
Each morning I have been getting up 1/2 hour early to spend time in prayer and God's word - love, love, love it. I have been enjoying devotions of Charles Spurgeon each morning as well. The verse that has been seared into my heart is Colossians 4:2 which states "devote yourselves to prayer." Did I mention I like easy verses that are to the point?? :)

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.