Thursday, December 11, 2008

Just in case you needed to read this today...

A Pre-born Child’s Conversation with His Heavenly Father

Father God, when is my mommy going to be here?
Soon, my child, soon.
Can you tell me how long?
There is no measure of time with me, my child. She is busy right now doing the work I’ve given her to do. When all that is done, she’ll be here.
Is she going to know me when she gets here?
Yes, she will, my child. I’ll let her know.
What does she look like, Father God?
Why, she looks a lot like you, my child. The same color hair, the same eyes, the same nose; you resemble her a lot.
What do you think she’s going to do when she sees me?
She will run to you, take you in her arms, and love you just as any other loving Mother would do.
Father God, why has she never held me in her arms before?
She never had the chance to do so, my child.
Why did she never have the chance, Father God?
I don’t remember, my child.
(Della Baker Hutto-March 1994)
posted on my friend Tammy's blog


"If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins,
O Lord, who could stand?

But with you there is forgiveness;

therefore you are feared.

I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
and in his word I put my hope." Psalm 130:3-5

3 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Unknown said...

Wow, it is powerful.

Christine said...

Wow! God is so good.

Anonymous said...

That is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.