Saturday, November 1, 2008

Why Gnomes Love Halloween:


because of the imagination, and the dreaming about things you can't really see

because of the creativity and joy of picking out and making a costume

because of the pure and silly fun of dressing up and pretending

because we get to see our neighbors face to face, and actually talk to them

because two gnomes got to see how nice it is to be grateful (and mommy and daddy gnome got to witness our 3 year old saying "thank you" at least 30 times last night)

because of the memories we created as a family

10 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Holly said...

too cute!! love the costumes. Halloween is such a great holiday for families with young kids isn't it?

Flamingo said...

great costume idea!! so where are the pix of mommy and daddy gnome?

Tessa said...

Oh my goodness Darlene ... I LOVE THEIR COSTUMES! So cute and creative! I have to ask - "what gave you that idea?" I love it!

Laura said...

Oh. My. Word. You are so creative! They are absolutely adorable. I just want to stand one of them in my garden!! So cute, Darlene. Hope your Sunday was sweet.

Anonymous said...

They would look so cute in my flower garden!!!

Jenny said...

LOVE the costumes!!! What a creative idea!

Heather Palacios said...

Oh my gosh!!! Genius! I hope you entered them in SOME kinda contest. That's just too creative to not win 1st place.

Christine said...

I wished you could of brought your sweet little Gnomes to my party!!! They are just adorable!

Christine said...

Hey,...can you tell me how to make the file on the side bar to organize my blogs? Like I wanted to do like what you did, recipes under one, family under another etc. I can't figure out how you did that? I know you are busy so when you get a chance...if it is easier to email me then that is fine too, housefrau2@yahoo.com thanx! =o)

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS.... they are THE most adorable things EVER. Fantastic job.

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.