Monday, November 3, 2008

But we trust in....


"Some trust in chariots and some in horses,
but we trust in the name of the LORD our God."
Psalm 20:7


Some trust in Republicans
Some trust in Democrats

....But we trust in the Name of the Lord our God.

Search your Bible,
be obedient to what He says is Truth.

....then get up off of your duft :)
make it a priority in your schedule,
and VOTE!!!


The Lord has blessed us, and our land.
Do not be complacent today! Do not be lukewarm:

"To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation. I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see. Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:14-20


O.K., you rockin-cool bloggy friends of mine...

GO VOTE

but above all,

be obedient to God.

5 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE SO RIGHT DARLENE...Now is not a time to be complacent and lukewarm!!

I have been praying so much for our country. I truly believe that if the people of the USA who claim to know Christ would just open their bibles and read and remember the TRUTH in it we could please our Father and he would hear our cries.

I will be at the polls first thing in the morning!

bless you today!
Kim

Sarah said...

I love the pictures of your family and your gnomes! What clever costumes!

Gwendolyn said...

I have voted. Now I'm praying. :o)

Christine said...

Darlene,… You have read my mind on this today! I have been noticing something really bazaar about this election season. Have you noticed how caught up in a man some have become? I have seen pictures of people crying and shaking and videos of people raising their arms praising him as they listen to him. As if their savior has come to save them, to set them free of their persecutions here on this earth. I have honestly never seen anything like this ever. I sometimes have pinched myself, like am I alive, asleep why don’t I feel this excitement about this man, or any earthly human for this manner? I was thinking on this the other day and it hit me like a brick wall,…I have a savior in my life, I have that peace, I have someone to take care of me, I have that protection they are looking for. The Holy Spirit of our Lord has totally filled all those voids in my life. There really is no man nor woman that I would ever want to put on that pedestal. I have noticed something with those we put on those pedestals, they are not happy, and their lives seem void and full of problems. I mean think of Hollywood. To have the masses track your every move, fall at your feet, and even scream and shed tears in your presence,…knowing all the while that you yourself are subject to the same kind of sickness and eventual death as the common folk,..may be flattering for a moment, but in the end it is merely isolating, oppressive, and repulsive. Our obsession with the rich and famous places them in an impossible position, for there is only one name under heaven that is meant to be adored and there is only one being who will not be destructed by our worship. There is only one who remains pure and holy despite His glorious, incomprehensible, and inevitable, yes, eternal fame! When I really thought about it, God doesn’t have an emotional need for our worship. Believe me, he gets plenty of it! For even the angelic beings shouted as they watched him place the stars in the sky. It is He who measured the waters in the hollow of His hand. It is He who weighed the mountains in a balance and the hills in a pair of scales. To whom then shall we liken God? Or what likeness shall we compare with Him? We Americans, like, the craftsmen of old, are guilty of seeking out and fashioning for ourselves meaningless idols,…we are in the process right now of creating an idol in a mere man. We create them, we gaze upon them, we place hope in them, and then we condemn them when they don’t deliver and meet our needs and expectations. At the end of the day, idolizing a person is as futile as worshipping a wooden statue, for both are corruptible and they shall both return to the dust. God alone is incorruptible, and not only does he alone deserve man’s worship but he is the only being who is not corrupted by man’s worship. He is the one who reduces powerful rulers to nothing and makes even the judges of the earth meaningless…truly, he merely blows on them and they wither. I am seeing many Americans as, empty and void of hope in their lives creating this huge idol right now in our midst to fill their void.

I saw this prayer and thought it so perfect…

Lord, You alone are God and You have no equal. You are the Source and Creator of every beauty and talent. Please forgive us for fashioning idols out of human beings. Open our eyes to see where our admiration for another person has crossed the line into idolatry. We repent of giving our worship to anyone but You. We confess our part in bringing the downfall of those we have idolized. Lord, let our gaze be fixed solely on You. Captivate our hearts in such a way that we are never comfortable giving or receiving idolatrous praise. May we be May we be quick to humble our hearts and lavish praise on the one true God. In the name of Jesus, Amen

Heather Palacios said...

Grrrrrrreat post, girl. Thx for the kick in the pants!

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.