Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Feeling loved in blogland.

I had some sweet blog friends give me some awards. So cool. So fun. So sweet.

I also have been tagged a couple times. Lots of fun, and I am going to try to post my tags soon, or should I say.... eventually!
Thanks blog buds!!! I love encouragement. You are the best!

My first award is from Kim at Nothing Can Separate Me From His Love.



Thanks, Kim!! I just love it! Does that mean you consider me creative??

Now I am supposed to list 10 things that make me happy and to pick 6 people to pass this award along to. So, here goes. I could have gone on and on, but these are the first that came to mind. In the order that they came to mind:

1. Being with Matt
2. Laughing with my children
3. When my children snuggle with me, sit on my lap, tell me they love me
4. The startling, humbling realization that comes when God has just "used me." even me...
5. Singing around a campfire, or with a guitar, or piano, with a group of people who love to jam
6. Tubing around the lake, until I can't feel my arms
7. New makeup
8. When God speaks to me through his Word
9. Laughing with family, and friends, and just being with them
10. Hot coffee and silence and some time...
11. Saturday mornings at home (ok. I know that is 11. I couldn't stop!)

And I pass this award on to:
1.Meme (this is one funny chic)
2.Happy Mama (great thoughts... that make me think)
3.Stacy (a Blessed Nest indeed!)
4.Laura (nothing short of a poet)
5.Lainey (can I lure you back, oh wise one??)
6.Christine (she is truly Kreativ)

My second award is from Christine at Wash, Fold, Put Away And Repeat.


The rules of this award are:
*Put the logo on your blog or post
*Nominate at least 5 blogs (can be more) that are Uber Amazing!
*Let them know that they have received this Uber Amazing award by commenting on their blog. *Share the love and link to this post and to the person you received your award from.

My Uber Amazing blog buds:
1.Season's Of My Heart (uber amazing woman of faith stories)
2.His Daughter (uber amazing woman of encouragement)
3.Write from the Heart (uber amazing woman of love for the Lord)
4.Jesus-Filled Hope (uber amazing woman of storytelling, faith and Hope)
5.1 Crazy Journey (uber amazing woman of friendship, authenticity, and passion)

And just in case you were not nominated this time... you just gotta know: I love ALL of my blog buds. You rock. Uber rock.

Another kind award comes from Buildeth her House: the Lemonade Award for showing attitude and/or gratitude on my blog! Thank you so much for this very kind award!



And thanks so much to Sarah!!! She was super sweet to give me this award!!


6 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thank you, Darlene! I am honored to be in the company of such kind and creative women. I have never won an award before...double wow!

Shall I follow your example by nominating 6 others and listing 10 things that make me happy?

Thank you for the love!

Tessa said...

Thanks Darlene ... how sweet! I will have to soon give my acceptance speech! :)

Christine said...

You are a sweetie...thanks! I love your list too! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! =O)

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

Awww....you're so sweet! :) Thanks so much for this award, I really feel honored!!
Hope your family enjoys a wonderful Thanksgiving together!!

Lelia Chealey said...

Thank you so much! I feel so blessed. This has certainly turned into a ministry only God could've come up with and I am so honored to be a part of this journey. Let's just keep saying YES to the God we know is worth serving.
I know I've said this probably everytime I visit, but I really love how you write. Keep at it.
Love ya,
Lelia
Have a blessed Thanksgiving tomorrow & thanks again!

Unknown said...

Darlene, thank you so much!
Well, I think you are the one who rocks!!!

PS. I've been terribly busy lately. Ah, end of the semester craziness... On top of it i got a pretty nasty cold. Thank God kids or hubby didn't get it.
I can't wait for the semester to be over, so i could start blogging again:-)

Blessings to you and your family!!!

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.