Thursday, September 11, 2008

Poor, sick, tractor-lovin, muffin-makin day

I just had to share this wonderful muffin recipe; it is now a favorite...especially since my bananas always get overripe! I am a sucker for home-cooking recipes that taste like you have slaved, but are easy, easy, easy - right down to the ingredients (mostly pantry ingred.s). Enjoy!

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

4 lg. ripe bananas, mashed
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 c. oil (I used canola)
1/4 c. water
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. sugar
2 c. flour
1 c. chocolate chips or chunks (or a little more....)
1 c. chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Coat a 12-muffin cup tray with Pam or vegetable oil.

Mash bananas. Mix in baking soda thoroughly. Mix in salt. Mix in oil, water and vanilla. Mix in sugar. Mix in flour, stirring until mixture is smooth. Stir in chips and nuts, if using. Spoon mixture into muffin cups until just short of the top. Bake at 350 for 15-25 minutes until browned at edges (but not burned). Check at 15 min. for doneness -toothpick inserted should come out clean.

*********
This morning my sweet guy Caleb woke up sick. I knew something was suspicious when he was not up by 7, then 7:30, then 8!!! Now, you must know, Caleb has NEVER slept in until 8. Not even once since his birth! So, when he got up, I immediately took his temperature. Yep. 101.7. The poor guy. He was so pitiful.

Also, Caleb never sits still. Caleb never wants to be on the couch. Caleb never just watches a video. Caleb never says, "Mommy, do you want to snuggle (my dream come true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)"... except for today!

The following pictures feature my poor, sick, precious, tractor-lovin, muffin-makin Caleb Matthew. And, of course, some darling pics of the cutest cuteroo Christian Jacob, who, I am sure, will make your heart melt.
Smashing nuts for the muffins

Sick. and sitting still.

The cuteroo.

5 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Tessa said...

First, I must say - that muffin is absolutely gorgeous! I can seriously taste it! Sounds like a fun day at home enjoying your little ones ... even though Caleb wasn't feeling good ... I hope he is back to his normal early rising, energetic self soon!

lifelaughterchaos said...

i make banana muffins all of the time too! sadly i can't add chocolate because then mark won't eat them. what is wrong with him?

i hope you enjoyed your day snuggling. perhaps christian should come and lick one of the half eatten muffins....ha ha ha

Anonymous said...

YUM.

Your boys are just too cute!

Jenny said...

Wow, those muffins look so yummy!!! I hope your sweet little one is feeling better and that no one else has caught his sick germs!

Bless his heart!

Christine said...

I just copied and pasted this muffin recipe...I can't wait to make them...looking at a banana now! I hope your little guy is feeling better now. Thanks for sharing! =O)

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.