Thursday, September 4, 2008

An extra five hours

Exhale.....

well. We made it through the first week of preschool and a weekend-away for Labor day. Life has surely been busy as we regroup for the Fall. I have been pouring my energies into helping Caleb transition into his two mornings away from mommy. I am so proud of him! I can already see some big changes in him (*sniff*). He has so many wonderful things to say about preschool, and I just love his teacher and their daily activities. Also, I have been prepping up for a few other regular Fall activities.

Now that we are nearing the end of week two, I find myself thinking.... maybe there IS just a little bit of time for me??? And I gotta be frank. I can only say one thing: "woooohooooo."

So, I already have BIG plans for my extra 5 hours each week. Here they are:

  1. Spend some special alone time with Christian. We just have not had much of this, and I am so excited to get to know my little guy in new ways. Just Christian Jacob and Mommy Time!
  2. Finally!! Resume doing Beth Moore studies. The workbooks were just out of the question for a little while. I am so excited to meet up with my Jesus on a REGULAR, deep, intentional basis.
  3. As soon as Christian wakes up from his morning nap (usually 2 hours) - off to the park together. I am going to (you heard it here first) JOG!!!!! I am putting that overpriced jogging stroller to use, and shaving off a little bit of my bottom in the process. I actually went on Wednesday, and it was wonderful! And the park is just moments away from Caleb's preschool.

That is it! But those 3 things sound like SUCH music to my ears. In fact, as I jogged around on Wednesday, I couldn't help but think how easy it is to become out of balance. That jog was actually the first thing I had done just for me....... in a long time.

4 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Kim Safina said...

The Journey Continues ~

Adorable, Just Adorable family!

Have a blessed Harvest Season and know that a Siesta in California is uplifting you in prayers today.

Happy "Fall a Days"
With "Heaven Bound" blessings,
Kim
http://www.kimsafinathejourneycontinues.blogspot.com

Holly said...

I am so glad that you are going to be able to do a few things for yurself. You are so right-- as moms, we rarely do this kind of stuff for ourselves. I am trying so hard to jog too...and can't wait until the day I can so a Beth Moore study again. Although, her personal reflection series devotional books are good too and they take less time (these have really helped me in the past year)

lifelaughterchaos said...

i'm seem to squandor away my "free hours";)

i jogged once upon a time. after 2 months and a personal best of 1 mile...I quit.

I hope YOU love jogging! God definitely did not make us all of the same in that regard!

Rachel said...

Tell what it is like!! :) As a homeschooling mom, getting "time to myself" is...well...non existent! But that is ok, my season will come one day. For now I know I am doing what God has called me to do. Enjoy it!!

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.