Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Getting Real and True Confessions

My blog buddy Angel has laid out an interesting, and very cool challenge. I really love the points that she has raised, and I feel a calling to them myself. In fact, in my first "True Confessions" post, I shared why on earth I would want to honestly, truthfully bare my soul to others:

"OK, all that said, I am willing to share my True Confessions.
Why? For only one reason: To the Glory of God.
It is the only reason to do ANYTHING, frankly. And if a struggle
in my life can bless or help a struggle in your life, with Christ directing it
all... then Glory be to His Name! Blog buddies, please share your comments if
you can relate to my True Confessions. Maybe God will use YOU in a MIGHTY
WAY!!!!!!!!"

"encourage one another, and build each other up..." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

I find it so encouraging when a friend shares a True Confession. I feel like I am not alone. I know that I am not walking this crazy path all by myself. So, thanks Angel, for your battlecry of "GET REAL!" Anything else is, well, ... false. Jesus knows our hearts anyway. If He can see EVERYTHING inside this ugly soul, and yet He loves me, who have I to fear?? Mere Man?

Galatians 1:10 "Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ."

Romans 8:31 "What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?"

I just want to encourage you, my friends! If you are not in the "habit" of Getting Real, or sharing True Confessions from your own life.... Start with baby steps! You don't have to throw your dustiest skeleton out of your closet and onto cyberspace. No, God will prepare you and give you the strenth that you need for each "thing" He is calling out into the Light.

Try something little... like, maybe you are not the only Christian woman out there who likes to show a little cleavage from time to time... (I have NO idea where that came from!). Or, maybe, you lose your cool, like EVERYDAY, with your strong-willed-child... and you are not alone (still, NO idea.).

I encourage you to hop over to this awesome "Get Real" post of Angel's. I am telling you, sweet friend. You are NOT alone.

I will be continuing to post more True Confessions, as God calls me to purge. Please go to the Label links in my sidebar, and you can click on True Confessions to read them all. More to come!!!

0 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.