Monday, January 10, 2011

I forgot to take care of mommy

I thought I would share with you one of my latest solutions to one of my silliest realities of being a mommy.
If you are a mommy, then you will know exactly what I am talking about when I say that I, on a daily basis, forget to take care of my own most basic needs and goals for my life and well-being.
So, I made myself a check-list.
You know, the kind that you make for your kids... but this one is for mommy.
It sits on my fridge, and I thought you would get a kick out of it:


......And so, veteran moms.
I ask you.
Will I ever get my brain back, or is it gone for good?

8 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Knocker Boys said...

Oh, I feel like it is gone for good. That's a great idea. Most days I even forget to go to the bathroom! A few years ago I was getting sooo cranky around 1-2:00. A friend of mine asked if I was remembering to eat lunch. Oh yeah. Lunch. It's a good idea.

Unknown said...

it's for good I think, my boys are 14,16,17 and it is no better.
and half the time I forget to make a list to remind me of what I will otherhwise forget.- so I forget it still even with reminders.

there's always tomorrow.....

Unknown said...

yes ma'am it is gone for good. however, i make it a POINT to take care of me each day because there are so many for me to care for and i would totally get lost in the shuffle!

great photo - just sayin'!

hope you are reading all of the tutorials i'm sharing ;-)

hugs and love!
jill

BARBIE said...

I love your list! And yes, you will get your brain back, until you hit mid-life, like me, and then it just might take a hiatus!

Jenny said...

GREAT list and what a great idea!!!!

Stacy@hiswaynotmine said...

Love it!! I wouldn't really call myself a veteran mom, but say AMEN, that unless we are intentional with our hours during the day, we can be forgotten and the they take center stage. Yesterday I forgot to have breakfast as the day got into full swing quite quickly!!

I don't think the brain is gone - just misplaced. It may take a long time to relocate it!! :)

Here's hoping with you that it is located all within due time!

In the meantime, love the list!!!

Much love,
Stacy

PS. try adding chemo brain on top of mommy brain....whew....it has a been a challenge. :)

Mindy said...

A mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do! I'm not a mom yet, but I totally know about not taking care of myself. Constant reminders like these are a great idea!

Melanie said...

I love it! And I know if I would do it I'd be much better at caring for everyone else!

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.