Thursday, October 7, 2010

Must Have: The Word Whammer

I'm tellin ya.
This thing is great... and definitely helped both of my boys learn all of their letters and their sounds.
This thing works! Our boys both love it, and still play with it. It helped Christian learn all of his letter sounds before he turned two! And it definitely helped Caleb learn to read.

Here is Christian, {who will be 3 at the end of October}, and we took this picture because he spelled Cat all on his own, without the Word Whammer prompting!! Wow. A proud mommy moment. {Christian looks rather pleased himself as well!}


Just yesterday, Caleb came running in to tell me and Matt that:
"Awesome!!! I spelled Awesome!!!!"

We were eager to see, how in the world he fit the word "awesome" into the 3 openings of the the Word Whammer.
Well.
Here you have it folks:


It does, indeed, spell 'awesome.'
So cute!

Kinda reminds me of the time he spelled "Gator" {as in, the John Deere variety}:
"GADR"

I love it!

2 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Knocker Boys said...

I need one.

RachelT said...

This is such a fun toy that is educational! My kids loved it and have now outgrown it, but they are also fun to give to others for birthday gifts! Have fun!

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.