Friday, September 3, 2010

What I am learning:: Our first week of Homeschooling

  1. That I made the right choice for our family this year.
  2. That I don't really have many more responsibilities, I am just doing now what I was supposed to be doing before: taking intentional time out of my day to connect with, and instruct my children. Blessing them with a steady gift of my undivided attention. Now that I am actually doing that, I am free from that nagging notion that I should have been connecting more with my precious children. 
  3. I want to teach them much, much more information than we have time for {or should I say, than their quality attention spans have time for....}
  4. Wow. I am going to have to be disciplined
  5. One word: Workboxes. This system rocks. Seriously. Already, in the first week, I can tell how this is going to be a MAJOR sanity-saver, time-saver, and productivity-improver. Not to mention, an educational benefit for my children.
  6. I don't find myself thinking: "sigh. they are growing up so fast, and I am missing out on it."
  7. These little minds are major SPONGES that LOVE to learn. I am convinced that they are being more challenged than they were in a traditional school setting - simply because I can prod them along individually to drill their work and "do their best work." They are rising to this challenge... and then some!
  8. This is Fun! The kids are having fun. I am having fun.
  9. That socialization does not have to be an issue. Soccer. Drama camp. Sunday school. Classical Conversations. Church activities. Field Trip group. {Whew. Are you tired yet from all this socialization??}
  10. That seeing your children learn, and love learning, is one of the greatest joys in life... and this has made my first week of homeschooling one of the greatest weeks of my life.

1 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Warren Baldwin said...

Enjoyed the visit to your blog. Very good.

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.