Saturday, July 24, 2010

So excited about this Homeschool help...

As you can imagine, I am diving into a lot of Homeschooling resources! There are tons of AWESOME homeschool blogs out there, and if you are homeschooling and blogging... I imagine you visit them for ideas.

Not to mention, I am sure that you have heard about Sue Patrick's workbox system.  And if you have not, I am giddy to tell you about it!!

I am SO stinking excited about this. Caleb thrives off of structure, and as his momma, I already know that this system will be a blessing to our homeschool. And ALL kids could benefit from this. Plus it can be used with any curriculum.
Who couldn't use these benefits in their classroom????:
  • more efficiency
  • more independence
  • more motivation
  • more variety
What is it? Oh goodness. MUCH has been posted about it, but in general, it is an organizing technique that creates independence and motivation in your homeschool.


And, being the organizing JUNKIE that I am, I immediately FELL IN LOVE. Not to mention, the Hiding the Uglies factor.


You can find a TON online about the workbox system, but I went ahead and got the book, and it was worth every penny. If you really want to do this system right, and reap the most benefits, I highly recommend that you pick up a copy of the book, or you can get the Ebook online.

I also stuck a copy of it in my store, so if you are going to buy it, you can just snag it from the homeschool section of my shop and send some pennies my way. Just sayin.


For more on what exactly the workbox system is, check out these links:
A Comprehensive Review of the Workbox System
A great summary with lots of great pics and ideas
A great homeschool bloggette tells her great workbox ideas

As for me. I am not going to go with the full-on clear boxes. I am going to use magazine files and sturdy clear plastic bags... but that is for a future post. To find all of the goodies I bought to get me started on my workbox system {insert giddiness here}, head to the Homeschool section of  My Shop.

7 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Laura said...

Is your baby starting school this year? Ye-Gad. Time flies. You are already super organized, I see! I want to be like you some day, Denise...

Tina Hollenbeck said...

Hi. I found you on the MFW Blog Roll, and I'm excited to come back and browse around. Your blog is beautiful and it looks like you have some very intriguing posts. :^) I'm going to start following you, and I hope you'll stop by my place, too: http://tinahollenbeck.blogspot.com. :^)

Flamingo said...

i need to osmose your organizing love! i'm not unorganized...i just spend so much time reading about the ideas that i fail to ever implement!

i can't wait for you to use this system and work out the kinks. my oldest would LOVE this system so i really think i will use it for him. and yes, we are really thinking next year will be "the" year:) so glad you will show me exactly what to do:)))

i'm still so excited for you!

Kate @ Bliss and That said...

I've heard sooo much about this from those in my comments and on blogs. I MUST check it out!! Thanks for the links to get me started!

Meghan said...

Hey! I'm coming over from Hip Homeschool Hop and wanted to say thanks for joining in and linking up with us today! Keep coming back on Tuesdays for more linkups and giveaways. We always have something going on at Facebook as well.

Cannot wait to get to know you better!

Meghan
www.thetuckerstaketennessee.com
www.facebook.com/hiphomeschoolmoms
@hiphmschoolmoms (twitter)

Joelle said...

Hello, I come from Hip Homeschool Hop and want to encourage you as you start your homeschooling journey. There is lots of help out there in bloogy land. I trust you will find the support you need. Our Lord is faithful! You can find me at Homeschoolblogger.com/joelle

Anonymous said...

I have heard such wonderful things about the workbox system from so many bloggers. One of these days I'm going to read that book for sure.

I'm so glad that you joined the Hip Homeschool Hop today. :)

Sue
The Homeschool Chick

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.