Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Our Basic Curriculum 2010!!


This is our very first year homeschooling, and, I cannot hide it:
I am excited!

So, what, you may ask, are we planning to study this year???
Well, since I am a first-time homeschooling mom, I decided to go with curriculum that was very well pre-structured for me.... and can I just say that I am VERY impressed with everything.

Here is the Plan:

1.  For Reading, 'Riting, 'Rithmatic and Much More:


My Father's World; Kindergarten!

Click here for an overview of this great curriculum
Click here to see the Kindergarten curriculum.
Click here to go to the My Father's World Blog Roll.

{We will be doing MFW daily for approx. 60 minutes. It covers Reading skills, Literature, Math, Manipulatives, Bible and Character work, Science, Handwriting, Drawing}

2. For Amazing Memory work and the beginnings of a Classical Education:


Classical Conversations!

Click here for an overview on Classical Conversations.
Click here for more on the Foundations {Pre4-6th} Program.
Click here to see the cute kiddo of my friend Angel; showing off her CC knowledge!

{We will be building information through memory skills in History, Latin, Music, Math,  Science and more. We will be meeting once a week with our CC community for weekly presentations, projects, and fellowship}

PHEW. We will be VERY busy!!

Not to mention,
we will be implementing the Workbox system as well.


We will also be using these great resources to enhance MFW and fill our Workboxes.




I have much more up my sleeve, but right now....
I am elbow deep in laminating.

1 friends had a thing or two to say...:

LaVonne said...

Darlene, thanks for the links. I am going to check out that MFW link. My Princess is only 2 right now, but I am starting to look into Preschool homeschool options. And MFW appears to have it :)

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.