Monday, June 21, 2010

Muffin Tins made lunch easier


Muffin Tin Meals.
So, I jumped onto this bandwagon for many good reasons:
  1. I knew the kids would think it was fun, fun, fun!
  2. it was a cure for the food-boredom of late
  3. it a GREAT way to use up bitty leftovers. No waste!
  4. it was an awesome way to keep their meals balanced.
Here it is! My first Muffin Tin Monday:
(tins contain: cheetos and pretzel goldfish, cherry tomatoes, red grapes, confetti corn, protein pancakes, and buttered egg noodles)

Here are the satisfied customers:

Yummm. Our favorite Protein pancakes (leftover). I really need to do a post about these bad boys:
I cannot believe that I am admitting to feeding Cheetos to my children. But. I hate wasting food, -and besides, Cheetos taste awesome, okay???- and we got a bag of them in the most precious hotel-welcome-bag at my sister's wedding - and the kids do love them, of course...
Clearly I have guilt over the Cheetos, because none of you really cared to hear all of that.
leftover Confetti corn: (frozen corn, nuked, then added to a skillet of EVOO, chopped onion, pepper, and tomatoes. Salt, pepper, butter, and a splash of cayenne and Old Bay seasoning)
leftover egg noodles, reheated and buttered:
The kids absolutely loved their first muffin tin experience, and have since been asking for it again. I think this may be a keeper.

12 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Unknown said...

I would love the recipe for your pancakes. My tin was leftovers too. I love getting them out of the fridge.

Melissa said...

LOL about the Cheetos! :p

It's a great looking muffin tin...even with the Cheetos. ;-)

java girl said...

I am going to have to try this! That looked YUMMY!!!!

Jill said...

I wouldn't worry too much over a couple of cheetos. The world is full of cheetos. everyone deserves a treat now and then that you don't have to pre-plan, think too hard about, or get special ingredients to make. if they were given a steady diet, well then I'd be a little worried, lol.

Unknown said...

Way to go Mom! Great idea!

Anonymous said...

What a CUTE idea!!!

Jenny said...

The confetti corn looks good! I enjoyed reading about your Cheetoh-guilt, and I hope it was therapeutic for you. :)

Shannon said...

I'd like the pancake recipe too please!

And I have Cheeto guilt too, even though I know what my kids eat the rest of the time. I think it's one of those Mommy guilt trips.

Sassy said...

This really is an awesome idea and I am going to have to try it!

And it's ok to treat kids occationally. The best part about being a kid is eating junk food and not have to worry about it going to your waist line! lol :)

Michelle said...

Welcome to MTM, everything looks very yummy! Cheetos are a special treat that Emily loves in our house too. I can't see letting them go to waste either :0)

Be Brave, Keep Going said...

ooooh! that confetti corn sounds delish!
I am so thrilled your kids loved MTM!

I have a huge guilt thing about Cheetos too. Did you know they have MSG? I didn't until recently. They must put addictive chemicals in them to make me, ahem, I mean kids want them so.

Thanks for joining in!

Jen said...

My kids also have loved muffin tins! I found it a good way to introduce new foods or possibly less desirable foods to them.

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.