Tuesday, April 6, 2010

heavy heart

My heart is heavy this morning.


I tried my best.
I put my trust in God, and I layed it down at His feet.

but things didn't turn out the way I had hoped.

I gave up time with my friends. I gave up time with my family. Goodness knows you have not seen me online in a while....
I made the calls. I did the research. I poured my heart into it.

I defended my neighbors.

but things didn't turn out the way I had hoped.

Even still.
I can rest in the fact that my God is ALWAYS good. NOTHING slips through His fingers. He sees me. He knows best.

Can you imagine not knowing that unshakable truth?

Well,
I am thankful that I know it.

especially on heavy heart days
"Cast your cares on the Lord. He will sustain you." Psalm 55:22

9 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Mindy said...

Oh Darlene, I'm sorry things didn't turn out the way you had hoped. Especially after so much time, effort, and prayer.

Regardlesss, God is good. And you're right, that unshakable Truth is what can keep us going. Even on the Heart Heavy days...

LaVonne said...

Stopped by today, and know I am thinking of you and sent a prayer up for you.

Blessings!

Lauren said...

don't know what this is about ... but I know the feeling... praying for you!!!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry. I will stop and pray for you right now. Keep trusting.

Love,
Lynnette

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

May the Lord & the Peace that passes all understanding be with you today! Hugs to you...
Stacey

Linda said...

Darlene, I have a heavy heart this morning about something and so I can pray for you with understanding. Maybe you will pray for me too? God is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think! This gives me hope...How about you?

Anonymous said...

Well, you have peeked my curiousity. I am sorry - for whatever it is you are going through. HUGS.

Flamingo said...

stink...i know this means that things didn't turn out as you were hoping. hugs my friend.

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.