Friday, January 8, 2010

Still Life


Winter has taken my breath away this year.
We have had so many beautiful dustings of snow already, and for some reason,
I am just loving the sight of naked brown branches.
They are not dead.
They are just waiting. Alive and waiting.

And life is still.
So I have brought still life into my Winter Home.



Not dead.
Alive
and Waiting.

For more Winter Decorating inspiration, visit Melissa at the Inspired Room.

7 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Unknown said...

Lovely Darlene. Enjoy the snow and the cool crisp days.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

A beautiful post....

Charity said...

What a beautiful post, I love the rock collection. Thanks for sharing.
Cha Cha

Anonymous said...

These pictures are so soothing...I especially love the last one...

Paula said...

Just lovely. You are a woman after my own heart who delights in the visual feasts that God has provided us.

Sherrie said...

Awesome Post!

Tidy Brown Wren said...

Love the photos. Thanks for the reminder that what seems dead is just waiting to spring to life. I think I'll bring some branches in the house today!

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.