Saturday, August 8, 2009

Cheapola side table project

So, I had these fantastically ugly, fantastically cheap, and very unused tv trays. Can't remember why on earth I purchased them, but I remembered they were from Walmart and they were purchased during the Dorm Room years.

Here, you can see my personal specimen - in my cellar:

Well.... we are in the process of trying to update an EMPTY guest bedroom.

On the fly, and
On the cheap.

Enter Ugly TV tray.
and a little black enamel paint.

and Viola!:
Not bad for a tv tray, right?? almost pottery-barn-esque.

More projects to come, as we are busting our tushies to get our guest bedroom ready for our most special guest {are you curious??? introductions coming soon}

4 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Jenny said...

Great job!!

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Oh...I LOVE this idea. In fact, I have the same table, in my family room...covered up....I think I'll need to paint my black as well...after all...I do have the paint in the garage.

THANKS for the idea!!! :+)

Unknown said...

Good job! Definitely creative and beautiful. I used to have those same tv trays but not sure what ever happened to them. Man! I wish I did because that's what I would do too!!!

Mindy said...

Total transformation. You're so creative. Can't wait to see what else you'll be doing. And who's the guest??

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.