Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Befores and In-Betweens: Upstairs Guest Room

Fixing up an old home is definitely an awesome adventure. But boy....... can it go slowly when you have limited time and funds.

But motivation always helps! And we have got some motivation, because we are hosting an exchange "daughter" for the next 10 months!!!! Oh, I hope to tell you more about her, but I had better wait until I get her permission... cause I'm polite like that. :)

So, around here, we have been doing PROJECTS!!! And I hope to let you in on all of them as the days unfold. BUT, not the finished room until our precious "daughter" gets to see it first!

Until then, enjoy the BEFORES, and the IN-BETWEENS:

This is what the Upstairs Room looked like before we owned the house {2004}:
so. um. yeah.

Anyway,

This is what the room looked like just after we moved in (note the floors and the missing trim, etc.) {2005}:

IN-BETWEENS! Here are is the room after we had the floors refinished {2005-current}:
And. Our latest In-between undertaking of the window bench repair:
STAY TUNED!!! Pics of our "daughter's" new room, and hopefully, pics of our new family member!!!

3 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Tammy said...

You have such a gift for decorating.

I'm looking forward to seeing the results and hearing about your guest, with her permission, of course.

Unknown said...

That floor is fantastic! I love it!

Mindy said...

I can't wait to see it all! You're always such a good decorator. I can't believe how much better it looks with the floor refinished! (And the pennets, down.) Good call on letting your "daughter" see it first. But we better be next on that list! :)

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.