Friday, April 17, 2009

And I wasn't even tired at 11 pm

It seems as though "busy" has been my common denominator word lately. So, it has been a blessing to return from a much needed mini-vacation to stay with my in-laws with the boys, and get spoiled a little bit.
The weather was yuck {including the most intense hail storm I can remember}, but much fun was still had! We got to visit with Aunt Amy, go to the Children's Museum, play in the library, and visit friends at Nana and Pop Pop's offices.

My favorite day was Tuesday, when I got to visit with an old friend who I have not seen in years. We did a lot of laughing over a lot of really yummy food. {Thanks Jamie! I had a blast!}
Then, I spent the afternoon reading a novel. I didn't prepare a single meal the entire day, or change a single diaper.

I think that was why, at 11 pm Tuesday evening, I stared at myself in the mirror as I prepared for bed and thought: I am not tired. at all.

So instead of going to bed, I took a rediculously long shower and then polished off the rest of that novel. Now, how is that for a dreamy day??
We only took a few pics:
At the Children's Museum:

Nasty hail storm:

Bright and fun on a dreary day:

Glad to be home, refreshed and pampered!

3 friends had a thing or two to say...:

He & Me + 3 said...

You have been busy...but good busy. I love all the pictures, you look beautiful and that was some big time hail. Wow!

Unknown said...

Sounds absolutely delicious!!! So glad you had time to just "be" and take time for you! We all need that sometimes!

The pictures are wonderful - wow that hail is something! I'm so glad it is warm here now!!!!!

You are so beautiful Darlene - your smile makes me smile!

Love you,
Jill

Jenny said...

How fun! It's looks like you all had a great time.

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.