Sunday, March 1, 2009

If it were not so....Siesta Scripture Memory Team: March 1, 2009

Maybe it is because I was born and raised as an atheist.


Maybe it is because, if I am honest, there are days when it seems too good to be true.

Maybe it is because I struggle with fear.

Maybe it is because God has been bringing this Trust Issue up to me, over and over: Do you Trust me, sweet child??

Maybe it is because I desperately need His Word to restructure my fearful thoughts, so that I can think thoughts of Truth.

Maybe it is because I have spent too much time in the hospital with sick, precious children this month.

Maybe it is because, at the end of the day, these verses deliver more Hope than we can comprehend.

Maybe that is why I need this Word from God so desperately....

"Do not let your hearts be troubled.
Trust in God; trust also in me.
In my Father's house are many rooms;
if it were not so, I would not have told you.
I am going there to prepare a place for you."
- John 14:1-2

9 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Unknown said...

Oh precious friend!

Let not fear rule your heart or mind. The enemy wants nothing more than to watch you live in fear - it is where faith can't exist.

God has given you a sound mind. He has given you a new heart. The mind of Christ and His heart are living inside of you!

There are over 365 fear not verses in the bible - because God knew we would struggle with this powerful emotion. When we rest in His truths and allow our faith to rule our hearts - fear has no place to live.

Praying with you and trusting God to bring much needed rest and restoration to your soul, mind and heart tonight!

Hugs and love,
Jill

Becky said...

Thank you so much for sharing these words today. They meant something to me too.

He & Me + 3 said...

What a powerful verse and yes..the hope and encouragement we need daily.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for being real and not AFRAID to be real. Thank you for the encouragement.

Lord, we come before You in Jesus name and lift up precious Caleb. We thank You that his angels always have Your attention. We thank You that You dance over and around us even though we don't always "feel" Your presence. Fill Darlene with Your peace, ease her heart and mind, let her joy be found in You. Honor her honesty and grant her Your hiding place of endless love and comfort, Your high tower of protection from the fear of the enemy and Your right hand of divine intervention and direction. Thank you for my sister in Christ, and we praise you through this and every storm.

Love you, Darlene! Keep strong!:)

LisaShaw said...

Sweet Darlene,

I need that word from the LORD too. I think many of us do. The Lord knows what we need and when we need it. Amen!

Love you and stay encouraged in His presence.

Tammy said...

My life without Jesus "maybe it is because" I wouldn't trust Him.


Love the verse! I just joined in with Seista Scripture Memory,what a great way to learn God's Word.

Anonymous said...

Oh sweet girl! I can so relate to this post.


Your words are honest and raw.... and so very beautiful.

Thank you for sharing this.

Yolanda said...

This is the very scripture that came to life when my Mom accepted Christ as I lead her through the sinners prayer.

Lovingly,
Yolanda

Billy Coffey said...

One of my most favorite verses in the entire Bible.

A great post, and a fantastic blog.

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.