Friday, February 27, 2009

Must Haves: Eyelash Gear

Must Have:
L'Oreal Waterproof Voluminous Mascara (Black) and an Eyelash Curler

So, if you have been following along with my passionate ramblings for a while, I am sure you realize how much I love good makeup. Well, peeps, I am here to tell you that my mascara is a "Take-To-A-Desert-Island" Selection!

And (GASP!) my mascara of choice?? Yes. A drugstore find!
L'Oreal Waterproof Voluminous Mascara.

Oh, I have tried many a mascara. The ones that separate delightfully all seem to add too much weight to my lashes, which nullifies my curling efforts.
I keep coming back to this mascara, because it simply works the best.

And I prefer the waterproof. It is lighter, and does not weigh down your lashes at all. And boy does it separate and lengthen! Wonderfully delightful stuff.

And another MUST HAVE?

For a stunning difference in your lashes, you must have an Eyelash Curler. Period.
Click here for a mini-tutorial on how to use an eyelash curler.

So. What do you think?:
Before curling and mascara:

After!:

13 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Anonymous said...

Hello! :)

Mom in High Heels said...

LOL! Mascara is definitely on my take to a deserted island list too. And I could NOT live without my lash curler. My all time favorite mascara is KISS ME which puts little tubes on your lashes instead of just painting them. L'Oreal makes a version now called Double Extension Beauty Tubes. It's very similar to KISS ME, but less expensive. It doesn't come off in the cool little tubes like KISS ME does, but it looks super fab and lasts and lasts.

Sassy said...

Darlene you are so versatile. To go from scrapbooking to decorating to makeup...I love it!:) You're my kinda gal. I have a feeling we would be good friends irl. Oh...and I finally started digiscrapping (thanks to you :) and I am having so much fun with it. I'm still getting the hang of it but when I do I'll post about it on my blog.

Tammy said...

Wow,what a difference. I'm always looking for that perfect mascara.

Unknown said...

Ha - that would entail having eyelashes to curl. I have next to nothing. Mascara doesn't do a thing for me :( I try and try to help my nonexistent lashes but I end up looking like no different. LOL!

You are so gorgeous!
Love,
Jill

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

I also love some good makeup :)!!! My lashes look non-existent without mascara. I have actually had people tell me I look sick without it. Nice, huh? So, yes, I wear it every single day. I'll keep this recommendation in mind when I need a new tube! :)

Flamingo said...

i will have to try this kind...i often can get it for free! i actually can't wear brand name a lot...it bothers my eyes...the generic never bothers them...weird.

anyway, i've never tried an eyelash curler...you have inspired me. i guess i put on the mascara 1st though?

you may not recognize me the next time you see me beneath my luxurious lashes!

Paula said...

Ohhh, thank you Darlene! I will be in need of some new mascara soon, so I will look out for this one! xo

Lynn said...

Wow! Those are some fantastic eyelashes! I'm going to have to run out and get me some of that L'Oreal. Thanks for the hot tip ;)

LisaShaw said...

Dramatic difference. Wow!

Laura said...

beautiful eyes no matter what's on them! unfortunately, i'm one of those who has allergic reactions to many many fun makeup finds. have to go strictly clinique. sigh.

have fun at your marriage seminar tomorrow. can't wait to hear about it! as for the giveaway? i won't be drawing the winners until wed., so come on over!

:)laura

Kristen said...

We are kindred mascara spirits! I love love love that mascara and the only thing better I have found is Lancome Defincils. (Which I refuse to pay for as a SAHM who normally gets dolled up to go to Target and the carpool lane.) I won't go anywhere (ever) without my eyes "done" and that stuff does the trick!

wife.mom.nurse said...

I use that same mascara and love it. Makes even these thin blonde lashes voluminous ;)

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.