Lord, I come before You tonight to Thank You... for Your loving kindness that You have showered upon my sweet children. Forgive me, as I have only come to you briefly in the past few weeks... my mind too busy to stop and rest in Your Love. But now I come to humbly say Thank You for providing for us last week during Caleb's medical emergency.
- Caleb was constantly comforted by your Word
- You enabled the Doctors to get a good and accurate diagnosis, and to clear his infection
- You provided angels in people-clothing, like Heather and Eric who picked up Christian from the emergency room and kept him for 2 days, like Pastor who came all the way up to Children's Hospital every day, like Sister who just 'happened' to be at the hospital and bumped into us before Caleb's CT scan, like our parents who dropped everything to be with us.
- You were with the hands of the Interventional Radiologist... who had to perform the somewhat risky procedure of the drain. (The intern assured me that this Radiologist was "as close to God as you can get"... trust me, blog buds, you had better believe I set that intern straight!!)
- You showed up in spectacular sunsets from a dreary hospital bed.
- You comforted me when I was too scared and tired to sing to my boy... the woman in our shared hospital room sang Jesus Loves Me to her nephew, just when Matt, Caleb and I needed to hear it.
I would be lying if I said I understood why sometimes You give, and sometimes You take away. I seem to be stuck on that thought these days, as there are so many who suffer... Misty... Melanie... Dr. T.... Abby.... so many more....
But, because I have not received an answer from you to the question "Why," I have not been trusting you. For that, I have sinned. I love you, Lord. And I choose to trust you, even though I do not understand you. So, Lord, right NOW I praise you for who You are. Even when I don't understand, I will praise you NOW.
"But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me." -Psalm 13:5-6
Oh, Precious Jesus, I thank you, for your hand in taking care of my precious, precious child. For healing him.
I will sing to you, Lord, for You have been good to me.