Sunday, February 8, 2009

for He has been good to me

Lord, I come before You tonight to Thank You... for Your loving kindness that You have showered upon my sweet children. Forgive me, as I have only come to you briefly in the past few weeks... my mind too busy to stop and rest in Your Love. But now I come to humbly say Thank You for providing for us last week during Caleb's medical emergency.


You provided in so many ways:
  • Caleb was constantly comforted by your Word
  • You enabled the Doctors to get a good and accurate diagnosis, and to clear his infection
  • You provided angels in people-clothing, like Heather and Eric who picked up Christian from the emergency room and kept him for 2 days, like Pastor who came all the way up to Children's Hospital every day, like Sister who just 'happened' to be at the hospital and bumped into us before Caleb's CT scan, like our parents who dropped everything to be with us.
  • You were with the hands of the Interventional Radiologist... who had to perform the somewhat risky procedure of the drain. (The intern assured me that this Radiologist was "as close to God as you can get"... trust me, blog buds, you had better believe I set that intern straight!!)
  • You showed up in spectacular sunsets from a dreary hospital bed.
  • You comforted me when I was too scared and tired to sing to my boy... the woman in our shared hospital room sang Jesus Loves Me to her nephew, just when Matt, Caleb and I needed to hear it.
You were with us in so many ways...
Being in a children's hospital is not a walk in the park. I never stopped thinking about Abby, during our entire hospital stay. Oh, Heal her, Lord!

I would be lying if I said I understood why sometimes You give, and sometimes You take away. I seem to be stuck on that thought these days, as there are so many who suffer... Misty... Melanie... Dr. T.... Abby.... so many more....

But, because I have not received an answer from you to the question "Why," I have not been trusting you. For that, I have sinned. I love you, Lord. And I choose to trust you, even though I do not understand you. So, Lord, right NOW I praise you for who You are. Even when I don't understand, I will praise you NOW.

"But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me." -Psalm 13:5-6
Lord, God, it is no coincidence that the verse above "just happened" to be my Scripture Memory Verse for the end of January. You are so infinite. You know all.

Oh, Precious Jesus, I thank you, for your hand in taking care of my precious, precious child. For healing him.

I will sing to you, Lord, for You have been good to me.

9 friends had a thing or two to say...:

CarJax said...

I trust in His unfailing love too and it makes all the difference. So scary to have a child in NICU. Keaton was there for days after our major accident. God's hand was so evident in everything. He is so good...and His love endures forever. What a beautiful letter, Darlene, from a loving daughter to her precious Papa. Hugs, Jax

Becky said...

Amen. Praise Him that everything is OK. I hope you can finally find peace and rest.

Stonefox said...

How raw and real. I am reminded of Jacob stuggling with God and coming away changed, not in a bad way but a good one. He came away blessed. I'm saying a prayer for your family.

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I have to tell you that it was the funniest one of the week. I've never heard big toe hair described as "classy," but I think I might use that myself! :)

Unknown said...

Darlene,

I'm praising Him with you!

He is so good all of the time!

I'm reading a great book by Jerry Bridges that our Pastor gave to us...Trusting God Even When it Hurts. I think you will be blessed by it too!

Our ways are not His ways and our thoughts are NOT His thoughts - for His ways are of heaven and we are here on earth. I trust in that and leave the why's to Him. He has all the details in His hands and even when it is not clear to us - there will come a day when all the why's won't matter - because not a tear will drop, not a sin to confess and the pain of this world will be washed away. That hope, that joy, that peace is more than enough and most days more than I can even absorb!

Thank You Father God for keeping Your loving hands upon Caleb and this beautiful family! Thank You for strengthening their faith and trust in You through this trial. Thank You for being with the Riggs family each moment - and how they find joy and praise Your holy name even during a storm such as this! Father, we give all honor and glory to You - whom it is all due! Jesus thank You for loving us so much that You never stop asking Your Father to take care of us! In Your most Blessed Name! AMEN!

Hugs precious friend!
Jill

Mindy said...

Amen.

Thank you for revealing your soul. You are such an example.

V and Co. said...

thank you! your blog is so uplifting!

Room to Think said...

thank you for sharing. Am so glad that Caleb is doing well. those candy wrappers are a great idea too!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post.

I too praise God your Caleb is okay.

Flamingo said...

Praise God Caleb is ok! I too have spent way too much time in hospitals with my kiddos...during those times I think how incredibly stressful it is to have a kiddo with a serious illness in all of the time. how special to have somebody special like abby to direct your prayers towards!

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.