Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Quick Caleb Update

Oh, Friends! Those of you who are praying for my sweet boy, and our family... I cannot tell you how MUCH I cherish each and every petition to God. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. The blessings of blogland are a wonder to me at times like this. He will use everything-including cyberspace- for His good! How our Lord amazes me.Time to be an Advocate.

Caleb is still undiagnosed. Today, I am going to insist on testing. We have had reluctance from our Doctors, and even hints that he is having "psychosymatic" reactions to discomfort associated with a stomach bug. At this point, I KNOW there is something wrong with him, in a very localized area. I am DONE with "wait and see." We need to know more.

He is in extreme pain while urinating (bladder infection has been ruled out twice). He has a fever of 101.9 for the 3rd day. He is not really eating. He is awakened by pain at night, and doubles over during the day at small, regular intervals.

Thank you for your prayers. I know that we are bombarded with discouraging news about little ones, and our family prays for many children that are faced with things that are much more serious. But, the feeling of not being able to help our little ones... well, that is a universal feeling to all parents. Your prayers are a precious treasure to me.

Hang in there, Caleb. Mommy is going to find out what is going on. Hang in there, buddy.

4 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Unknown said...

Oh Sweet Friend!

You are doing the right thing! Follow God's prompting and your gift of Mommy intuition!

I'll be praying for a proper diagnosis! I'll be praying for healing and no more pain!

Praying for your Mommy's heart that wants to take the pain away!

You won the give-away FY!

Love and hugs,
Jill

Carol said...

Caleb, praying for you from Iowa. Check out my blog today, Mom. "He Will Carry You". Love, Carol

Christine said...

Keep us posted...prayers your way. I am with you as far as testing...they need to run some more tests, something isn't right.

Room to Think said...

Still praying and hoping with you...

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.