Saturday, January 24, 2009

Just wondering...

Am I the only one who ponders these bizarre things?
I have decided what my least favorite household chores are:


1. Ironing.

I don't even do it. I flat out refuse...sort of. Instead, I use a steamer. and I still don't like it! heehee.


2. Unloading the dishwasher.

There is simply no visual reward. My kitchen doesn't look any cleaner when I am done. Ya know??


Chime in, Bloggettes, and let me know.
What are your least favorite household chores?

fine print: this is for encouragement and edification purposes only. do not misinterpret as blatant complaining. I would never do that :)

14 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Unknown said...

Oy. I love cooking and baking. Everything else I can't stand.:-D

Anonymous said...

laundry, laundry, laundry... oh, and cleaning toilets. Three boys in the house, two with very bad aim. :)

Audrey said...

I'm with you 100% on ironing - gave that up years ago. I discovered that if I didn't do it, people in my house ironed their own stuff when they needed it. Who knew??

I just found your blog - love it!

Carol said...

I really don't iron much, but I just can't seem to get the dishes thing under control. If I get them washed by hand, I don't put them away, so we just use them out of the dish rack. When I need to wash dishes again, I have to put some away that have been sitting there awhile. Sometimes, I even have to rewash them or chose to instead of putting them away. When I have a bunch to put in the dishwasher, the dishwasher is always full of clean dishes that I don't want to put away. Sometimes I hand wash them to avoid unloading the dishwasher. "Thank God for dirty dishes. They have a tale to tell. While others go hungry, we're eating very well". That is a quote on an old kitchen plaque! I would say....dishes!!!! Carol

Tessa said...

I am going to have to go with Meme and the toilet thing with a young boy in the house ... however, I also have to chime in with the never-ending chore of keeping up with dog hair. Ugh! Drives me crazy!

Flamingo said...

well, i hate cleaning in general. i don't iron. don't own an ironing board. there is no need for ironing. if there is something wrinkled beyond repair, then i take a wet washcloth and throw it and the garment in the dryer for a few minutes. works like a charm.

i hate unloading the dishwasher but i have lil' ones to do that for me to relieve the drudgery.

so that leaves my ultimate hate...washing my floors! uugh. i hate it and ours need washed all of the time! i put my foot down and refuse to do them more than once a week, but i still hate it!

Kimberly said...

I hate cleaning the sink after the kids brush their teeth! I mean seriously...how hard is it to spit near the drain or wipe up after yourself!? Probably what bugs me the most is that it is an EVERYDAY sometimes TWICE a day chore!

Tammyz said...

Bathrooms...yuck!! I LOVE laundry and making beds though! :D

Becky said...

I don't like unloading the dishes either. I don't mind filling it though.

betty said...

my least favorite chores are folding the laundry and unstacking the dishwasher which is so silly because both are so easy to do

betty

Mindy said...

I don't mind doing laundry, but I can't ever seem to motivate myself to actually fold it and put it away!

Room to Think said...

yep, ironing, we do it as we need to. husband is very contented ironing the shirt he wants to wear every morning. God is so good to me!

btw, are you able to access my blog yet?

MaryAnne said...

I don't iron or steam, I pull clothes out of the dryer while they're barely damp and they hang wrinkle-free (at least to my eyes). My husband knows to iron his own clothes if he feels they need it...

Holly said...

grocery shopping. i don't know why, but i can't stand it. oh, and cleaning the shower...especially when you have a glass door and you are continually having to scrrub mildew away...Yuck.

a long absence, but i am back in the swing of things (for tonight at least!) so glad to catch up on you. love the way your blog looks!!

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.