Monday, January 12, 2009

Before and After: My "Office"

{Click to see my other Before and After and Decorating Posts :) }
Welcome to my new favorite room!

O.K. so, maybe it is not actually a room, but I just love it. My Man built these shelves for me this weekend, and he did not bat an eye as I purchased loads of coordinating baskets to organize all my desk junk and crafty items. Isn't he wonderful??? (and very handsome too??)

Enjoy these Before and Afters of My NEW "Office":

Before (Yes, my office is a closet. But it is ALL MINE!!! Mmwahahahaha!!):

Almost Finished (My man is Goooooood):After
So, this is where I will be sitting now when I visit you, my dear blogettes (and bloggedeers)!

16 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Laura said...

So cute and coordinated, Darlene! I love it.

And I'm praying for little Abby too.

Blessings,
Laura

Becky said...

The office is too cute. Its nice to a space/nook to call your very own.

Jessica said...

I want a desk in a closet!!!

Christine said...

What a great idea and it looks great!

sharilyn said...

i want a man who can make an office in a closet!! ok, i'll take one who can't, too, (we who are still waiting at 40ish can give up a few of our dreams!) but it would be cool to have one who could... then i could have my man and my office, too! :) congrats to you!

CarJax said...

Hi Darlene, Thanks for your sweet note on my blog. I LOVE this space. You are so good at presentation! Calm and stylish, I'd say. Blessings friend, Jax

Flamingo said...

of course it looks wonderful!!

now you just need a laptop...when i visit you i am often snuggled up in bed:)

TeriAnnElizabeth said...

I love this!!! You are not only beautiful with a beautiful family...you have such elegant taste!

I need all of my closet space! We have a small fixer upper with limited space...but that's fine.
I just need to be more organized!

You are precious!

Blessings in HIM,
Teri

Joy Junktion said...

Such a sweet little place and a very sweet man who built it for you.

Love organization !!!

Jenny said...

Oh it's so nice to have a spot to call your very own! Love the red boxes. Very cute!!

Tessa said...

Darlene,

It looks great! I love how you converted a closet into an office. I remember you telling me that one of your passions was finding a way to make the best out of the space you have ... and you have certainly done it here ... very nice!

Room to Think said...

I LOVE YOUR STATIONERY!!! Prety stationery in Brisbane and Singapore are exhorbitantly priced! Sigh...shall have to try and be creative and make up my own maybe...or scrounge around for sales :P

Heather said...

What a great use of that space! I love the shelves! How creative, love it!

Anonymous said...

Love your office space. Visiting from Kelly's Korner.

Viola of www.alongandwidowedroad.blogspot.com

Shayla said...

I'm popping by from Kelly's Korner. What a cozy little office! I especially love how organized your supplies look in coordinating baskets.

I have a "cloffice" too and posted about it on my blog here: www.designfinch.com/2010/03/21/cloffice. The best part is that when I'm done working and I can just close the closet door and walk away.

ARK said...

I love it love it love it love it love it! I am so into closet offices...and your lovely husband letting you buy all those boxes...FAB!

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.