Monday, January 12, 2009

Before and After: My "Office"

{Click to see my other Before and After and Decorating Posts :) }
Welcome to my new favorite room!

O.K. so, maybe it is not actually a room, but I just love it. My Man built these shelves for me this weekend, and he did not bat an eye as I purchased loads of coordinating baskets to organize all my desk junk and crafty items. Isn't he wonderful??? (and very handsome too??)

Enjoy these Before and Afters of My NEW "Office":

Before (Yes, my office is a closet. But it is ALL MINE!!! Mmwahahahaha!!):

Almost Finished (My man is Goooooood):After
So, this is where I will be sitting now when I visit you, my dear blogettes (and bloggedeers)!

16 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Laura said...

So cute and coordinated, Darlene! I love it.

And I'm praying for little Abby too.

Blessings,
Laura

Becky said...

The office is too cute. Its nice to a space/nook to call your very own.

Jessica said...

I want a desk in a closet!!!

Christine said...

What a great idea and it looks great!

sharilyn said...

i want a man who can make an office in a closet!! ok, i'll take one who can't, too, (we who are still waiting at 40ish can give up a few of our dreams!) but it would be cool to have one who could... then i could have my man and my office, too! :) congrats to you!

Jackie said...

Hi Darlene, Thanks for your sweet note on my blog. I LOVE this space. You are so good at presentation! Calm and stylish, I'd say. Blessings friend, Jax

Flamingo Mama said...

of course it looks wonderful!!

now you just need a laptop...when i visit you i am often snuggled up in bed:)

HIS Daughter said...

I love this!!! You are not only beautiful with a beautiful family...you have such elegant taste!

I need all of my closet space! We have a small fixer upper with limited space...but that's fine.
I just need to be more organized!

You are precious!

Blessings in HIM,
Teri

Cindy said...

Such a sweet little place and a very sweet man who built it for you.

Love organization !!!

Jenny said...

Oh it's so nice to have a spot to call your very own! Love the red boxes. Very cute!!

Tessa said...

Darlene,

It looks great! I love how you converted a closet into an office. I remember you telling me that one of your passions was finding a way to make the best out of the space you have ... and you have certainly done it here ... very nice!

Room to Think said...

I LOVE YOUR STATIONERY!!! Prety stationery in Brisbane and Singapore are exhorbitantly priced! Sigh...shall have to try and be creative and make up my own maybe...or scrounge around for sales :P

Heather said...

What a great use of that space! I love the shelves! How creative, love it!

My new reality... said...

Love your office space. Visiting from Kelly's Korner.

Viola of www.alongandwidowedroad.blogspot.com

Shayla said...

I'm popping by from Kelly's Korner. What a cozy little office! I especially love how organized your supplies look in coordinating baskets.

I have a "cloffice" too and posted about it on my blog here: www.designfinch.com/2010/03/21/cloffice. The best part is that when I'm done working and I can just close the closet door and walk away.

allenaim photography and design said...

I love it love it love it love it love it! I am so into closet offices...and your lovely husband letting you buy all those boxes...FAB!