Thursday, July 31, 2008

Keeping it Real

So, I just had a friend email me about my post, "What works for me".

She (who is a very cool chick, indeed) said "wow, you are so organized. That is great......Anyway, kudos to your super organized self." HAHAHA. I just HAD to laugh.

The Truth??
Not so great.
We are all messed up, and quirky, and not perfect, and muddling through this thing. Each in our own little way.

The deceptive thing about blogging is this:
You can always put your best foot forward.

Believe me. I have not yet shown you much of my, um, not-so-best-foot. Why? Because I don't have to, and it is easy to hide (not just in the blog world)! Because I don't have to share my space with you, or serve you, or bring you a drink when I am trying to type. Because you don't interrupt me!!!!! Because it is ooooh-so-easy to just show you the wonderful things in my life!

So, I showed you "what works for me," and yet... you did not see:

"what doesn't work for me,
but I continue to do it over and over and over and over again!!!!"

Like: not working out, even though it makes me feel great, and helps me battle depression. The fact that I still avoid doing it: That doesn't work for me. (I am avoiding it right now!)

Like: I ALWAYS speak before I think. Gets me in lots of trouble. That doesn't really work too well.

Like: When I tell my children they 'drive me crazy'. I know. not good.

Like: Sometimes, I organize my house instead of stopping, breathing, and having fun. That does not work for me. Balance, my dears, balance!!

Like: I have a crappy, crappy self-image that borders on self-idolatry. (Thank you Beth Moore, for your wake up call in this area). Doesn't really work.

Like............... the list of REAL could go on.

The cool thing is: that is how each and every blogger, no, HUMAN, is Imperfect! Thank you, Jesus, for the loving friends (especially my hubby!) in my life who are willing to love me even still!

I LOVE THIS SCRIPTURE: you can take this one to the bank, folks:
"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me." - Phillipians 3:12

What does God tell us?
Not that we have it all figured out! Not that we are perfect!
BUT!!! We are going in the right direction!! If we press on toward Christ, we are pressing on toward the ONLY THING WORTH WALKING TOWARD.
As long as we press on toward Christ!

Now, that works for me!

0 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.