Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day to my Beloved Matt


Happy Father's Day to my beloved!!!!!

You are MORE than amazing.

Who is my amazing husband?
When he laughs hard, he cries and wipes his eyes. He comes home, and dives RIGHT into being Daddy. He is the chief family "tackler." He does it all: laundry, diapers, dinner, pep-talks. He is a great story teller at bedtime. My hubby is a beer-snob; only imports will do! He is my nintendo partner. He is a promise keeper. He is soooo wise. He follows daily after our Lord. When I tickle him, he refuses to laugh. He is strong. He is witty. He knows a little bit about everything, and he knows a lot about a lot of things. He loves babies. He absorbs my hurt, and defends my honor. He is chief lawn mower, always accompanied by our son Caleb. He is my Chuck watching partner. He is my one and only fan club. He is intentional about making sure his sons know about Jesus. When he wakes up, he has the craziest hair you have ever seen. He is my biggest hope for heaven: I hope we will never spend a moment apart when we are heaven together. His nickname (among others) is 'Chief-Smiling-Eyes.' He says yes. He has the best laugh in the world, and seeing him happy makes me crazy happy.


I love you. You are the BEST DAD EVER!!!!!! HAPPY FATHERS DAY


Hallmark said it best this year (crying in the card aisle, as I often do; I HAD to get this card):

"When I first said 'I love you' I thought I understood the full meaning of those words. But when I watch you as a dad - playing and laughing, giving a big hug, just being here - I realize that when I first said 'I love you' I had just begun to understand all my heart could hold for you. I love you so much, and I thank God for making you mine - and then for making you ours."


2 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Carolyn T said...

Your family is just PRECIOUS!! I am always happy to see someone else has a husband that makes them weak in the knees!!! THANK GOD for husbands and fathers that seek Jesus......We are BLESSED women!!

Tessa said...

What great pics and a sweet tribute to your husband. I love the Hallmark card!

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.