Thursday, October 14, 2010

What we do for a good picture...

Last week, I brought Christian in to have his very first set of school pictures taken.

We were all set:
We had practiced the smile.
We had described what would happen.
And Christian looked rather dapper.

















When we got to school, he was all ready to go. All smiles, and properly responding to any prompts of "Smile," or "Cheeeese."

But then. He saw it.
The scary black box that he was supposed to sit on.

and it was all over.

Trust me. It was an all-out fit
NO amount of coercion was helping. Not lollipops. Not M & M's. Not Hershey bars. {I know. I know. pitiful.} That kid refused to sit on the black box.

And whenever I tried to just put him there, we had back-arching and high-pitched girly screaming, people.
So, finally, in a full sweat, I had an idea.
and...
it worked:
hilarious, right????

for five full minutes, I sat like this.
for five full minutes we tried to coerce this cute curmudgeon to smile.
{and thank the good Lord that I wore black yoga pants that day!}

and to add insult to injury,
No one will ever know that I bent over backward {ahem. literally} for this delightful picture:

10 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Knocker Boys said...

What a mom! Love it.

re:Inspire said...

That is too funny! He looks so adorable!
Lisa

RachelT said...

That is awesome! How funny! I love it that you had someone take a picture of the whole picture-taking event! LOL

Carrie said...

I love it!! Did your body hurt the next day?!

Donna Reyne' said...

I have just found your precious blog via my friend Lisa (reinspire)
This is the funniest thing I have ever heard! What a great story to share for the rest of his life!

What a wonderful mom you are!
Have a blessed day!
Donna

Jenny said...

Awww...too funny! What a great mom you are! Have a wonderful Friday!

RachelT said...

Hi! I have so much fun reading your blog! I would like to nominate you for the "One Lovely Blog Award". You can find out more about it at my blog: http://rachelsreflections-rachelt.blogspot.com/

It's just for fun, no pressure!

Stephanie said...

That is hilarious!
It's a win-win - cute school picture and great ab workout for mom.
I love your blog!

LisaShaw said...

This is a priceless story of a handsome and priceless little boy with a Momma willing to do anything for that cute smile! Love it!

Unknown said...

ROFL! You are too much! After meeting you - I know this is totally something ONLY you would do!

Good thinking Mom!

Love you,

Jill

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.