Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Siesta Scripture Memory Team: February 1, 2009

I am a little late on posting my Scripture memory for the first of the month (I can't imagine why!!). I would encourage you to check out the LPM blog for information on Siesta Scripture Memory, and to join in!

I selected this verse because I feel like we are all, globally, being bombarded with messages filled with fear. This causes me to struggle deeply with anxiety, and a lack of trust and rest. Sometimes, as a Christian, I can be so hard on myself when I worry or have fear. I know that we are not supposed to worry. Truth be told, I have actually begged God to bring me peace when I am being persecuted with fear.

His Word is the only place that brings me peace at those/these times. And with a sick little boy, I have a new heap of fears that I am now attempting to surrender to the Lord. May He work mightily in my mind, renewing and cleansing it with His Truth!

Scripture Memory Verse, Feb. 1, 2009:

"Great peace have they who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble." -Psalm 119:165

P.S. Be sure to see an update on Caleb below. We are HOME!!

8 friends had a thing or two to say...:

Christine said...

Big hugs to your little man!Hey, thanks for signing up for my fist give-a-way! I would of added your name to my drawing anyway! lol Prayers are still with you and your sweet family...going to put your new verse to memory! Thanks for sharing and just know your sweet family is on my mind and in my prayers! hugsss

Christine said...

first*...lol

Unknown said...

So glad Caleb is home and your eyes are fixed on Him for peace and rest!

Isaiah 26:3 - that one will give you great peace too!

Love and hugs sweet friend!
Jill

Becky said...

You poor Mommy. I don't mean to sound condescending but I just wish I could reach out and give you a hug. I love the hymn He Hideth My Soul in the Cleft of the Rock. Your passage this week reminds me of it.

God Bless you and give you peace.

Jane Anne said...

I ended up on your site sort of randomly. You commented on my giveaway during the Bloggy Giveaways. Anyway, I appreciate this post - love the verse and the reminder that I need to be committing verses to memory. Also, I saw that your little just got home from the hospital. I am glad he is doing well. I just said a prayer for his continued recovery.

Stop by Gravity of Motion anytime!

TeriAnnElizabeth said...

I am cut to the heart that I didn't even know this because I'm so behind on reading my friend's blogs!!

I wish I could hug you and tell you I understand how you must feel and felt. To just encourage you through a trembling voice that GOD is in control and HE will always get us through.

When I saw those pictures of Caleb with that IV and the board they have to wrap to keep it stable I was immediately transported back 20 years ago when my son was in the hospital.

It's a long story, but he could have died from the swelling in his larnyx from infection that started as a simple cold.

I have been in your shoes and I lift you up to the Father above for peace in your heart over all, because HE knows and sees and hears your prayers.

Praying for you both right now
Love and blessings to you beautiful lady,
Teri

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

Oh, your poor sweet baby boy! I have tears in my eyes!! I am so glad that he's home and doing better, and I said a prayer for him and you already! Those pictures remind me of 2001 when my oldest was just 17 mo old and had to have emergency surgery also. It is such a blessing to see them finally well enough to play a little in the play area, isn't it?! I'm also praying for you and your husband, for strength and health as I'm sure you're physically and emotionally exhausted. May you find peace in His hands!

Blessings and Hugs to you,
Stacey

Miss Lemonade said...

I have a surprise for you on my blog :)I'm nominating you for the Sweet Lemony Blog Award!

Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.